Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Building a big DL

wnt2bBeast

Figured id post this here..Im currently revamping my training and want to take time to focus on getting my totals up as well as getting stronger..current dl 475x2.. i was going to go with a simple periodization or something like this http://www.powerpage.net/coanphildead.html
for my assists i was thinking this:
BB rows 3x5
close grip lat pulls 3x5
Gm's 3x5
SLDL3x5
Shrugs 3x5
really more concerned with the assistance work..is it too much, not enough?

wnt2bBeast said:
Figured id post this here..Im currently revamping my training and want to take time to focus on getting my totals up as well as getting stronger..current dl 475x2.. i was going to go with a simple periodization or something like this http://www.powerpage.net/coanphildead.html
for my assists i was thinking this:
BB rows 3x5
close grip lat pulls 3x5
Gm's 3x5
SLDL3x5
Shrugs 3x5
really more concerned with the assistance work..is it too much, not enough?

nice logo on that site (i designed it. lol)
a lot of people I know have had great success with that routine. You're best bet may just be to try it for a cycle and see if it works for you. I have that routine plus a few others for deadlifts on my site as well (which is kinda like a sister site to powerpage btw.)
http://weightliftingdiscussion.com

w8lifterchick said:
nice logo on that site (i designed it. lol)
a lot of people I know have had great success with that routine. You're best bet may just be to try it for a cycle and see if it works for you. I have that routine plus a few others for deadlifts on my site as well (which is kinda like a sister site to powerpage btw.)
http://weightliftingdiscussion.com

TY w8liftchick..btw where in NY are you? Just curious about the kind of gym you train in..I train at world gym, no chalk allowed i get funny looks doing deads and front squats..lol but then again i like being different!!

wnt2bBeast said:
TY w8liftchick..btw where in NY are you? Just curious about the kind of gym you train in..I train at world gym, no chalk allowed i get funny looks doing deads and front squats..lol but then again i like being different!!

HEY! i'm at world gym too! On long island- nassau county. which one are you at????
i use chalk- i train at 5am- nobody is awake enough to say jack. lol
i need a workout partner!

w8lifterchick said:
HEY! i'm at world gym too! On long island- nassau county. which one are you at????
i use chalk- i train at 5am- nobody is awake enough to say jack. lol
i need a workout partner!

out in suffolk!! Damn 5 am is early lol

wnt2bBeast said:
out in suffolk!! Damn 5 am is early lol

one of the guys who posts on my board trains at the one in suffolk... lemme think of his name...
oh.. peter rosa.
i don't know when he trains though.
and yes, 5am is early- i like training then, but sometimes my choice of spotters is limited to whoever just isn't on a treadmill.

Bro- I know people that like those progressions... They work pretty good, and I like them too sometimes depending...

I would also look at what your weakpoints are and work on those.. GMs and SLDLs have been working great for me lately...

Are you weak off the floor? Do you stall before the knee? Stall right before lockout? etc... each will have ways to address and bring them up... If you are doing everything right and have adressed your weaknesses, you will be able to lock out any weight that breaks contact with the ground... Then you can just work on getting strong off the floor.

Becoming said:
Bro- I know people that like those progressions... They work pretty good, and I like them too sometimes depending...

I would also look at what your weakpoints are and work on those.. GMs and SLDLs have been working great for me lately...

Are you weak off the floor? Do you stall before the knee? Stall right before lockout? etc... each will have ways to address and bring them up... If you are doing everything right and have adressed your weaknesses, you will be able to lock out any weight that breaks contact with the ground... Then you can just work on getting strong off the floor.
Im relatively new to deads (been doing them about 8 mnths) I train mostly Bodybuilder style but im looking to shake up my routine and go with a more traditional power phase..I have never done Gm's before..As far as my weak points go im not really sure as any time i increase the weight ive been able to rip it lol..i would like to get stronger from the floor..thnaks for your input bro!!

wnt2bBeast said:
Im relatively new to deads (been doing them about 8 mnths) I train mostly Bodybuilder style but im looking to shake up my routine and go with a more traditional power phase..I have never done Gm's before..As far as my weak points go im not really sure as any time i increase the weight ive been able to rip it lol..i would like to get stronger from the floor..thnaks for your input bro!!

i'm not a great deadlifter because of back problems, but platform deads might help you. either use smaller plates (use the 35s instead of the 45s) or stand on something a few inches high, like an aerobic step or a couple of 25s. do your working set like that and it'll help you from the floor when you pull normally.

w8lifterchick said:
i'm not a great deadlifter because of back problems, but platform deads might help you. either use smaller plates (use the 35s instead of the 45s) or stand on something a few inches high, like an aerobic step or a couple of 25s. do your working set like that and it'll help you from the floor when you pull normally.

I was going to add platform deads in when i switch up my assistance work..

Top Bottom