Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bruises from working out

Roadblock

I get bruises on my biceps sometimes after I go really heavy.
Now I´ve got bruises just below my kneecaps after legpresses.
Anyone else with the same problem? What do you do to avoid them?

I've never heard of that, almost sounds like you're anemic (not sure how to spell it), basically that's where you don't have enough iron in your diet and bruise easily. I would see a Dr as it could be a sign of something serious

I get bruises on the front of my legs after doing extreme workouts also. I have never really attributed it to my diet or lack of iron and B12. Personally, I thought it was due to the intensity of the workout. So, I usually ice, my calves and legs after my session.

Just for the record, however, needsize has made a very valid point. I am in a constant battle with anemia. I do not eat red meat --and the lack of B12 blocks the iron absorption in my body.
I guess I never really linked the two together.

It is a good question to ask your doctor.

i thought i had anemia before, so i took a regular multivitamin with my diet to get in some extra iron...if you are anemic, it is likely that you will feel lethargic from day to day, as well as bruising easily...maybe contact your doctor like the guys said, but you should also get a multivitamin...they are good for anyone:)

incidentally, the only bruises i ever got from working out, was when i squatted really heavy before with the bar placed improperly, without a towel underneath it.

Top Bottom