Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bruce Lee's Training methods...

Blueadder

I just want to start out by saying this is a great board. I am sure I will learn alot from y'all.

Well a buddy of mine gave me this book called Bruce Lee's Expressing the Human Body. It is basically Bruce Lee's workout routines throughout the years and how he improved them.

He focused alot on isometrics and circuit training in order to stay lean and do is martial arts.

I was just curious if anyone has used this book for building a routine. It seems alittle impossible to do exactly what he did at this point for me, but I would like to build up to where I can almost follow his routine. The books alittle confussing to me, becasue I'm not postive on some of the workouts, because I havent really spent that much time in the gym.

I dont want to get huge, because I play soccer. Just want to stay lean but get stronger and cut.

Thanks guys for any help
Later
Jacob

You don't have to follow Bruce Lee's guidelines to stay cut and lean just lift 3 times a week, do some heavey cardio 3 times a week, eat right with lots of protein and you'll get where you want to be.

P.S. check out www.PURELYFITNESS.com

Never forget that Bruce Lee was a freak. The only thing that he did that people can't do today...is be in the movies.

B True

going by his book, he only trained on tues, thrus, and sat. on his circuit trainer. he did isometrics and cardio everyday, but his cardio rotinues could almost be considered as weight lifting excersises.

one thing though, his wife said that he was always working his forearms. he had a 35 pound dumbell in his office that he would work out with while he was also working, on the phone, reading, etc.

thanks for the info guys.

i have that book as well...his diet didn't seem that strict though it was not really exact

is his metabolism crazy or is it possible he used roids to cut up like that?

t3c said:
i have that book as well...his diet didn't seem that strict though it was not really exact

is his metabolism crazy or is it possible he used roids to cut up like that?

He did use roids.

But they arent nessesary for his phisque.

what makes you think he used roids? he denied taking them and everyone around him said he didnt. they guy worked out everyday of his life from age 17 till the day he became sick and passed away. Im not saying its not true. there are plenty of people that take roids that say they dont. but with bruce i havent seen any evidence going either way. what have you heard?

I've read that book cover to cover. I also have several of his other books on Jeet Kune Do that describe some the routines he did on a weekly basis.

His routines are good for someone looking to be cut and lean. If you want to be ripped, but have some decent amount of mass - then you should stick to some of the other more up-to-date routines (i.e. Max-OT, WBB routine, etc.).

Top Bottom