Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bros who dont use sumo stance, do you feel stronger with closer feet width?

Defintately stronger with a "normal" stance. In my opinion a sumo style stance is limiting and for that reason I never do it. I have always had the mentality that lifts should be done in the most athletic, natural position and for me sumo is definately not natural. Maybe im just biased lol.

although i focus much more on how i lift in my meets (the most effeciently, sumo for me)... i do include other stances from time to time...
i love the reduced ROM from the sumo stance when competing, however, i also love doing oly front squats (very narrow stance) for a deeper ROM...
when i do my straight-leg pulls, i keep a narrow stance, as with my rack pulls and deficit pulls too... oly cleans narrow as well, even a narrower grip than i press with on those...
you just have to take the time to find what works for you...

For squats my stance is just a bit wider then my shoulders typically. But if I really wanna load the weight I naturally seem to widen my stance.
For Deads pretty much the same thing.
I think that for doing the sets up to my heavy ones, I go with a narrower stance to get more ROM. But then when I get up to heavy weights it like "lets get down to it" in my head and my stance goes wider.

Top Bottom