Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Brazil commission claims Vitor Belfort not using anabolics

Mh48500

Read today where the Brazilian commission claims that Vitor Belfort is not using an anabolic, but an androgenic...here is the quote

"There are androgenic and anabolic hormones and, in fact, people do not know the difference between them. If, at some point, Vitor Belfort gets caught in a drug test with an anabolic hormone, he will be punished again like any other fighter. But he is currently using an androgenic hormone, specific for replacement."

Opinions???? They are not saying he is not using testosterone, but appear to be claiming that in fact testosterone is not anabolic? Or would thye be claiming that TRT doses are not anabolic?

Is that for real? So was he caught with elevated T levels and now they're claiming cause he didn't have Dbol or Adrol in his system it isn't cheating? What kid of bullshit is this eh?

I am not sre if Dana White has the ability to ban TRT or it is governed by the athletic commission, but damn I think its a license to cheat.

And this shit that they are saying that people dont understand hormones and Belfort is on pure androgenics...whats that?

Test is test, overeem got rung for high T levels. What Belfort is probably claiming is that his overall T levels are normal. That the TRT is just bringing him back to baseline. That would have to be checked daily though cause he could be juicing hard through his camp and shut himself completely down...then come to the fight on a little TRT to keep from crashing.

You may notice that Vitor has had his last couple of fights outside the US. I think that he may have troubles getting licence for TRT use in some US states as he was popped for steroids in the past (Nevada have already said that he was not likely to get authorised for TRT use there). His test natural readings are low, the controversy is about what has made them low, and was it caused by years of steroid abuse, and it makes it worse that he is looking in the best shape of his life.

Didn't Chael Sonnen get cleared for therapeutic steroid use?

There appears to be a double standard here

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EliteFitness

I think Chael got it cleared to recover from an injury or something like that. Not while he was in camp and for the fight. It's a technicality but I'm more comfortable with that than allowing guys to do their camp and walk into the octagon on HRT.

Chael is actually authorised to use it as he somehow has been able to prove that he did not go through puberty properly therefore his body does not and has never produced enough natural testosterone.

From what I understand the reasons behind why you are not producing normal levels of testosterone are almost impossible to determine, it could be steroid abuse or another factor (taking hits to the head over a long period has been proven to lower test levels). This is why this area can be abused with little effort, but Im not sure that other states should follow the stance that California has now taken regarding this. Instead of California wanting to deal and manage this topic, they have banned it. And by banning it, it means you are forcing the issue underground. We should encourage more research and want a better understanding of what causes natural test levels to drop, along with working out a way to determine if its because of steroid abuse, or some other factor. This type of approach will assist the sport long term.

There have been a fair number of reports that long term and severe weight maintenance and cutting has been affecting T-levels. They are anecdotal in nature, but there out there.

Top Bottom