Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which brand AR-15?

man you cant go wrong with any of em really only thing is if you buy a colt your just buying it for the name. personally I think they suck I carried a colt when I was an infantryman for the marine corps ohh rahh! rock river arms is great so is bushmaster. I own a bushmaster and they are accurate and very dependable, more so than colts. also if your weapon is for home defense therse really no reason for an optic sight. just thing about it. your in a tight quarters do you think you really have time to look down and get a sight allinment through and optic hell no! the iron sights are just fine like i said if your in a tight spot all you gotta do is point in the general direction. what i would recommend instead is a tactial flashlight one you could mount on your weapon (streamlights brand are awesome). reason being is that if someone breaks in your house more than likely its gonna be at night. TRUST ME a light makes more sense than some stupid optic. oh yeah remember this the AR 15 is powerfull be aware that it can easliy go through walls and end up hitting a loved one so watch your fire and it takes time to learn the weapon system to become compitant with it no matter who u are, and you have to keep it clean otherwise it'll jam and all you'll have is an $$$ paperweight. sorry for the shitty spelling.

I've got a Colt AR-15 HBAR made in the 80's that I like.
If I was to buy a new one it'd most likely be a DPMS.
I have a Kel-Tec PLR 16 (never fired) that uses the AR15/M16 clips. I like that concept - A pistol that fires rifle ammo while using plentifull HiCap clips.

I've heard from some cop that the parts wear down rather quickly on a DPMS but I really dont know for myself, shit though they look solid to me I like DPMS .308
yeah I like that concept too !

I though a AR-15 was just made by Colt. A Bushmaster isn't a AR-15. I really don't understand the question. You could say it like this, "what is better a bushmaster or AR-15?" I shot a Barrett not long ago, it's a sniper rifle. I think they're in the $6,000 dollar range, but this gun can fire smooth. Almost no recoil. I'll get a pic. Stoner also makes an excellent sniper. I like the AR-?, the little handgun that shoots same shells and has same magazines. Better get ready ya'll, the gun ban is coming..........

im not keen on using an ar-15 as home defense. the 60gr bullets dont penatrate much. you need something like a 12ga slug or ak-47 to shot through multiple walls and kill the target.

i used to thing the mossberg 12ga defender was good until i realized the az-47 would be more effective because you hold 30 rounds, and are semi-auto with more aiming control.. pistol grip shotgun is hard to aim and each shot you have to pump it than aim again.. ak you just let it rip...and if you ever seen the penetration reports you'll see the shotgun slug is the best but the ak is good enough for home use plus the addintional advantagfes noted up top.

BigboyAl said:
12ga slug or ak-47 to shot through multiple walls and kill the target.

This is exactly what you SHOULDN'T want! If you live in town or have others living in your house the odds of collateral damage is high.

Advantage of shotgun is to use bird shot and a marine shotgun that holds ten rounds. You spray (just a term) and you cover way more space. Do you realize that an ak-47 round will go through walls? What about neighbors. Thats more danger than one could afford. Bird shot in marine shotgun. Or a slower shot from a gun, you know, like a 357. Those are designed more for rip apart than distance. AK-47 is distance man...... i like desert eagle but would never shoot in a house. You know, be practical about it.

Walli

BigboyAl said:
im not keen on using an ar-15 as home defense. the 60gr bullets dont penatrate much. you need something like a 12ga slug or ak-47 to shot through multiple walls and kill the target.

i used to thing the mossberg 12ga defender was good until i realized the az-47 would be more effective because you hold 30 rounds, and are semi-auto with more aiming control.. pistol grip shotgun is hard to aim and each shot you have to pump it than aim again.. ak you just let it rip...and if you ever seen the penetration reports you'll see the shotgun slug is the best but the ak is good enough for home use plus the addintional advantagfes noted up top.
:)

you guys are wrong, a bird shot wont even kill a man, it wont stop them if your in a gun fight. i seen the reports..ill find link later and show you.. you want wall penatrationg you want to shot the guy behind a wall if need be..dont worry about neibghors..gun wont go through the entire home..

buck shot = waste and you defenitly dont want that, it wont stop a man in his tracks..

slug = yes, but hard to aim and only 6-8 rounds..

ak = even better, more shtos and better aiming..

Top Bottom