Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Box squats vs regular

viruseater55

I had a question on the differences between box squats and regular. In find regular deep squats harder but I feel stronger when I do box squats. What do you think the reason is for that?

I've never ever gone to ass to grass. Heck, I can't do that with no weights on my shoulders. I'd just end up with my butt either crazy far out and leaning over too much or I'd fall over. Too tall, too long legged and not half as flexible as I'd need to be. The only reason I squat to a box - in fact a bench (so not true box squats) is to make sure I'm not cutting the depth.

I'm currently alternating between safety bar squats one week to a bench and power machine squats (more of a leverage squat). I PB'd on that yesterday by maxing the machine out and getting a pb on the reps. I'm a week or so away from PB'ing on the squats. I stopped using knee wraps a couple of years ago. My lower back has always been the limiting factor.

I've never ever gone to ass to grass...

If your mobility and body mechanics do not allow you to go all the way down safely or without compromising your technique (e.g. rounding your back) then you definitely should not do that.

We are all built differently and not everyone can squat like some Olympic level Chinese weightlifter with picture perfect posture.

it is harder cause you are more likely to be doing them correctly

i'm not impressed when i see some meathead squatting 400 pounds with shitty form who has to wrap his knees up like King Tut and wears a belt lol.

i am more impressed with someone doing 150 pounds CORRECTLY raw. this is why i advocate people do box or front squats. also for the love of allah, buddha, and baby jesus stay the fuck away from the damn smith machine. talk about a fast way to injure your hips

it is harder cause you are more likely to be doing them correctly

i'm not impressed when i see some meathead squatting 400 pounds with shitty form who has to wrap his knees up like King Tut and wears a belt lol.

i am more impressed with someone doing 150 pounds CORRECTLY raw. this is why i advocate people do box or front squats. also for the love of allah, buddha, and baby jesus stay the fuck away from the damn smith machine. talk about a fast way to injure your hips
I'm totally in agreement with this.

Top Bottom