Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

box squats

If they are down the correct way. no they dont. i dont do them very often so i cant really tell you how too, but my gym partners do them and im sure they will help you there names are powerlifterjay and jimmydean. grimmer also knows about box squats.

If done properly they are better for your knees than regular squats. The reason being that when you sit back onto a box yoiur knees never go in front of your ankle this creates less shearing force on the knees than most peoples regular squat form. Back problems only arise if you are doing them wrong and are bouncing off the box or do not stay tight on the box. THey are performed by actually sitting on the box for a split second instead of touch and go like most people think.

GRIMMER said:
If done properly they are better for your knees than regular squats. The reason being that when you sit back onto a box yoiur knees never go in front of your ankle this creates less shearing force on the knees than most peoples regular squat form. Back problems only arise if you are doing them wrong and are bouncing off the box or do not stay tight on the box. THey are performed by actually sitting on the box for a split second instead of touch and go like most people think.
I have to agree here... Although im not doing box squats now I have done them before ... sitting completely back on the box seems to be much better on the knees since they arent in front... Like grimmer said....and dont BOUNCE on the box ... sit back slowly and explode up..

grimmer your good-----box squats dont hurt your knees but can shatter your low back if not done correct. if you bounce and sit with all your weight on the front(every body said lean back-important)then you put serious pressure on dics. but if done correct they will make you STRONG-----legs real wide apart also works hips and makes squat eaiser

Top Bottom