Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Box Squat Note

See that's the thing I don't understand this whole hip flexor thing. Is the timing different for everyone or is there a way you can tell how people are different????

I would imagine it differs, yes. I'm new to it and still learning form, so even my speed sets are kind of slow. However, someone like Hannibal makes it look like a piece of cake because he's been doing it SO long that it just comes naturally to him now.

Have you seen the Squatting Secrets video that Dave Tate did? Or read the Box squat articles at www.elitefts.com ?

Last edited:
See i wish I could see those vids and I've heard the ones on deepsquatter.com are even better but thanks to my lil bro he messed up our real player and when I try and DL vids and convert them to Windows media player it shuts down my comp. So I can't see any vids. I'll thank my lil bro again for that one when I get upstairs.

cubanito, scroll down the page and look for a thread called "box squat videos" and then look for the link irish power pasted. got some videos of like 500-600 lb box squats, also all the other links in there show them too

spatterson said:
Just long enough to release the hipflexor while still keeping your back arched, and tighten the glutes to lift off.

Pause long enough to release the hip flexors....then drive your head back into the bar....arch your back...and flex off the box. If you have someone watching you from the side....your glutes HAVE to flex before your quads do.....

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink...so here it is:

"Box Squat: The benefits of this exercise are numerous. They develop eccentric and concentric power by breaking the eccentric concentric chain. Box squats are a form of overload and isolation. The box squat is the best way to teach proper form on the squat because it is easy to sit way back while pushing your knees out. To take the bar out of the rack, the hands must be evenly placed on the bar. Secure the bar on the back where it feel the most comfortable. To lift the bar out of the rack, one must push evenly with the legs, arch the back, push your ABS out against the belt, and lift the chest up while driving the head back. A high chest will ensure the bar rests as far back as possible. Slide one foot back then the other, to assume a position to squat. Set your feet up in a wide stance position. Point your toes straight ahead or slightly outward. Also keep your elbows pulled under the bar. When one is ready for the decent, make sure to keep the same arched back position. Pull your shoulders together and push your ABS out. To begin the decent push your hips back first. As you sit back push your knees out to the sides to ensure maximum hip involvement. Once one reaches the box, you need to sit on the box and release the hip flexors. Keep the back arched and abs pushed out while driving your knees out to the side.. To begin the ascent, push out on the belt, arch the back as much as possible, and drive the head, chest, and shoulders to the rear. If you push with the leg first, your buttocks will raise first, forcing the bar over the knees, as in a good morning, causing stress to the lower back and knees and diminishing the power of the squat."

Cubanito i should have showed you how to do these when you were here. I don't know about time i have never read anything about how long it should take but you don't just touch and go . You do need to pause but not like the pause in the bench its shorter than that. Its different for everyone , depending on how fast like spatterson said you are is also part of how experienced you are with them. THe more experienced the faster you will be able to relax the Hip and squat back up. Anybody that tells you they mess your back up is iether doing them wrong or doesn't know what they are talking about. Remember the goal is to shift the weight onto the more powerful squating muscles of the glutes and hams this is why you relax the hip flexer.

NO I havnt' bought any vids from elitefts b/c of two reasons one I work at publix so I don't make that much $$ just workin weekends. And two the cash i do make I watch what I spend it on and lately i've been spendin it on stuff I can use i.e. suit, shirt, belt, etc.

GRIMM I know there are stil ALOT of things I have to learn. That's why really I'm glad the 3 lift for me is gonna be in december. If you already didn't ready my lil bro is doin the july 20th meet with me. :D

Top Bottom