Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Box Squat Note

GRIMMER said:
Just long enough to relax the muscles and then back up

Just long enough to relax the HIP FLEXORS...everything else is held TIGHT!!!

The pause on the box is crucial as it breaks up the concentric eccentric chain. Makes this work...static overcome by dynamic...very effective.

Better safe than sorry....some people dont read the articles, and only go by what is said here.

thanks hannibal for the clearup(i was pretty sure it was just the hip flexors anyway).. if tried to relax all my muscles, i'd most likely end up as a smushed little boy trapped under a lot of weight, becuase i relaxed all my muscles...

WHOA WHOA WHOA on box squats your suppose to pause on the box. Isn't this dangerous I know with the weight on your back if you pause on the box you can really fuck up your back. I've been doin my box squats low enough so when I touch the box I pop back up. One question then if your suppose to pause then how can you keep your 8X2 under 4.5 seconds if your doin them on DE SQ/DL day????

I may be way off base here, but it seems to me that if you've mastered your form, then relaxing and recontracting the hip flexors shouldn't take more than a split second. If you're taking the time to sit back and relax, you're probably losing your arch and lifting with your quads instead.

What do I know...I'm the new girl. :lmao:

spatterson actually what you say makes sense.. i'll do a little experiment with like just the bar to see how long it takes me to release the tension

spatterson said:
I may be way off base here, but it seems to me that if you've mastered your form, then relaxing and recontracting the hip flexors shouldn't take more than a split second. If you're taking the time to sit back and relax, you're probably losing your arch and lifting with your quads instead.

What do I know...I'm the new girl. :lmao:

Don't even...you know some stuff. I am amazed at how quickly you have picked this up. Sometimes, as it has already been said, women are much easier to train as they are more receptive.

Pausing on the box does not fuck up your back. How many back injuries do you hear about coming out of Westside? If it fucks with your back..then you need a stronger back.

Just long enough to release the hipflexor while still keeping your back arched, and tighten the glutes to lift off.

Top Bottom