Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Box building (step by step)

bignate73

Hannibal was nice enough to give me instructions on how to build boxes for box squats, step ups etc. so here is how i did mine today.

1. secure materials:
-1 piece of 3/8 in. plywood, which will yield 8 24x24 in. squares for the tops of the boxes.
-1 2x6x12 piece of wood. (2x4's can be used too, but i wanted my boxes to go in 6 inch increments instead of 4) have this peice cut into 24 inch sections. yield 6 sections.
-1 2x6x16 piece of wood. have this piece cut into 21 in. sections. yield 9 sections.
-3 in. nails, 1.5 in finishing nails (small)
boxmaterials.jpg

2. Build a box frame with a cross beam using one 24 in. section and 3 21 in sections(pictured), finishing off with another 24 in. section to make the frame of the box.
boxsupports.jpg

3. Now you have your frame.
boxframe.jpg

I used 2 pieces of plywood on top of each box to increase stability/sturdiness. I jumped up and down on these pretty good to test the fact. (no pictures of that though...hehe.)

4. Here is the finished products.
:)
box3high.jpg
3 boxes a little over 18 inches high. i will only use probably 2 of them but in case i want to do high box squats some day... the option is there.

hope this helps those challenged by woodworking such as myself.

happy squatting!

Journey carpenters are in demand and they made good bucks too!

looks like you just fit the profile ,guy!:D

talk about a comedy show!! seeing this being built in action was one of the funniest things i have ever seen in my life!

--Hey Nate, how are those smashed fingers feeling?

he made friends with all the neighbors...didn't 'cha babe?

"what are you making?" :confused:

"a box.":sqmellow:

"great day for it!" :mad:

despite the fact that it was very entertaining to watch him put this thing together, he did a very good job in a relatively short amount of time, with limited experience (i assume :D).

he brought them to the gym last night and we did several sets of box squats. they proved to be sturdy and effective...my glutes are a bit sore today...can't wait to feel them tomorrow!

good job nate...just had to give my commentary!:angel:

louden_swain said:
Bignate,

Excellent work on the box!! By the way, where do you train?

24 hour fitness. so i have to be sneaky about bringing my boxes in....hehe. saturdays when the bosses arent around. :)

zackdarnell said:
bignate- are you putting rubber or anything on the top of your boxes?

i thought about it, but i used them yesterday and its not really necessary. they dont slide and i got padding of my own (hehe).

Top Bottom