x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

box for box squats?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about box for box squats? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: What do you guys use for box sqauts? How did you make the proper measurements your box will need? Anyone use anything besides a box? Thanks in advance

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

t3c

box for box squats?

What do you guys use for box sqauts? How did you make the proper measurements your box will need? Anyone use anything besides a box?

Thanks in advance

i used a milk crate with a rubber mat on top.

i know some people use boxes, others just use what they can find.

"The top of the box should be 24x24. This will allow for one to sit way back without falling off the box.

"The best way to build the box is to actually build a series of boxes. The box can be made out of 2x4s set to equate the dimensions above. Set the 2x4s so they form a box. Use 3/4 inches plywood for the top. This will make a 4 inch box. Then all you have to do is duplicate the box 2 more times.

"You'll place one box down then put a rubber mat on top of it followed by the next box, then another mat. If you build the boxes this way and also have a 1 inch and 2 inch board, you'll be able to size any lifter.

"It's important to use the rubber mat to keep the boxes from sliding. This is how I'd recommend building the boxes. If you built just one box at 12 or 14 inches then you wouldn't be able to do any low box work. There are some movements we perform on a 6 to 8 inch box."

Dave Tate

Dave notes that there are probably other ways to go about this, but this is how they do it at Westside.

Elite Strongman b fold the truth's Avatar
    I have an old aerobics box that I put on top of an old set of Ford Van Mags...I put a piece of carpet on it...then a towel...works well for me.

B True

''Teach my children to love! They'll learn to hate on their own.''
    ''One thing is certian,You can't shake hands with a fist''
    ''It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.''

"ABSOLUTELY!!! I wouldn't take 4 days off of work to go support the men if I wasn't getting paid!"
    .....Jill Mills...World's Strongest Woman

I have some that were custom made. The top is rather like a seat from a conventional weight-type machine, lightly padded with naugahide (sp?) over piece of plywood measuring 24"x24". This is further reinforced with diamond plating, from which four legs descend, each with adjustable pop pins in 1" increments.

Originally posted by Arioch
    I have some that were custom made. The top is rather like a seat from a conventional weight-type machine, lightly padded with naugahide (sp?) over piece of plywood measuring 24"x24". This is further reinforced with diamond plating, from which four legs descend, each with adjustable pop pins in 1" increments.
    Oooooooh...Hi Tech.

It is amazing what you can request when you are spending someone else's money.

This must be how my wife feels most of the time.

Originally posted by Arioch
    It is amazing what you can request when you are spending someone else's money.

This must be how my wife feels most of the time.
    Does it have an adjustable lumbar support? And maybe a built in heater for those cold mornings?

I'll leave that second comment alone....

Power windows too. Tinted.

And I am certain if she spends any time lurking she will not leave that comment alone.

Chicks.