Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

box for box squats?

T

t3c

What do you guys use for box sqauts? How did you make the proper measurements your box will need? Anyone use anything besides a box?

Thanks in advance

i used a milk crate with a rubber mat on top.

i know some people use boxes, others just use what they can find.

"The top of the box should be 24x24. This will allow for one to sit way back without falling off the box.

"The best way to build the box is to actually build a series of boxes. The box can be made out of 2x4s set to equate the dimensions above. Set the 2x4s so they form a box. Use 3/4 inches plywood for the top. This will make a 4 inch box. Then all you have to do is duplicate the box 2 more times.

"You'll place one box down then put a rubber mat on top of it followed by the next box, then another mat. If you build the boxes this way and also have a 1 inch and 2 inch board, you'll be able to size any lifter.

"It's important to use the rubber mat to keep the boxes from sliding. This is how I'd recommend building the boxes. If you built just one box at 12 or 14 inches then you wouldn't be able to do any low box work. There are some movements we perform on a 6 to 8 inch box."

— Dave Tate

Dave notes that there are probably other ways to go about this, but this is how they do it at Westside.

I have an old aerobics box that I put on top of an old set of Ford Van Mags...I put a piece of carpet on it...then a towel...works well for me.

B True

I have some that were custom made. The top is rather like a seat from a conventional weight-type machine, lightly padded with naugahide (sp?) over piece of plywood measuring 24"x24". This is further reinforced with diamond plating, from which four legs descend, each with adjustable pop pins in 1" increments.

Arioch said:
I have some that were custom made. The top is rather like a seat from a conventional weight-type machine, lightly padded with naugahide (sp?) over piece of plywood measuring 24"x24". This is further reinforced with diamond plating, from which four legs descend, each with adjustable pop pins in 1" increments.

Oooooooh...Hi Tech.

:lmao:

It is amazing what you can request when you are spending someone else's money.

This must be how my wife feels most of the time.

Arioch said:
It is amazing what you can request when you are spending someone else's money.

This must be how my wife feels most of the time.

Does it have an adjustable lumbar support? And maybe a built in heater for those cold mornings?

I'll leave that second comment alone....

Power windows too. Tinted.

And I am certain if she spends any time lurking she will not leave that comment alone.

Chicks.

Top Bottom