Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bors... help me figure out my bulking diet!

casualbb

Plat Hero
Platinum
I'm about to begin my 100% no-more-excuses return to training and putting on mass.

This semester kicked my butt and I was inconsistent with training, but no more. Now, at home during the summer, I finally have the ability to control my diet down to a T.

What I used to do during the school year was eat whatever the cafeteria served, trying to get down a lot of protein. Now I can finally regulate exact types and amounts of food.

What I really want to do is sort of create a framework, a collection of things that I WILL eat every day and that gives me most of my protein needs and about 2/3 of my calorie needs. Then I can allow another 1000+ calories for me eating out with my friends or whatever my mom prepares.

GOALS: 250g protein, 3750-4000 calories per day.
-I want about 5 meals per day.

So, post up bors. If anyone has planned their exact diet, post that up. If you know what your favorite foods are, post those up (I need cheap, palatable sources of low GI carbs). Or if you want to do all the work for me and just post up a diet fitting my specs, I won't complain :D I'm basically trying to get an idea of what foods you guys use so that I can plan a daily diet that I will stick to.

Karma for good help.

Dont know ur stats BF, do you tend to store fat easily? but only 250 g of pro and you want 3700cals? assuming about 100 grams of fat your gonna have to eat almost 500 g of carb..that may be fine for you i dont know?? personally i would work up to 18xbw 40p/40c/20f..

My main issue is my metabolism. It wants me to eat about 2100, on which I lose weight. But I can eat as much as 3250 and not gain weight.

I don't store fat easily at all. I've gained 19 pounds in 4 months and still had abs afterwards.

So assume that the amounts of protein and calories I've given are pretty spot-on. You're probably right on protein though, I'll do 300g.

casualbb said:
My main issue is my metabolism. It wants me to eat about 2100, on which I lose weight. But I can eat as much as 3250 and not gain weight.

I don't store fat easily at all. I've gained 19 pounds in 4 months and still had abs afterwards.

So assume that the amounts of protein and calories I've given are pretty spot-on. You're probably right on protein though, I'll do 300g.

damn lucky you how lean were you before u gained those 19 lbs? I eat kinda boring..lots of chick, steak and fish oats brown rice, veggies..but it sounds like you would be ok eating some junk along with everything else!! i would divide your macros by 5 meals this way it is regimented and ull get all your protein in..you can change up the amount of carbs i.e add more pre and post workout and maybe leave them out of the last meal of the day..

Id go with high calories from 4500-6000 and 500-800 carbs, 250-350 grams of protein and not even worry about the fats. I made my best gains eating like this, and you look to have a similiar metabolism as me.

I would say you don't have to sub estimate the junk food you are going to eat, probably that food is going to contain more than half of the fats you have during the rest of the day and you'll going to receive lots of cal from it.
So, my advice, try to reach a 2800 cal clean diet during the day training to obtain them from about:
350 gr prot. 280 gr carb. 60 gr of fat.
At the end of the day, after your junkie food with friends, or maybe a carbo pasta with your parents, you will balance the equation approximating it to a 40/40/20. I would estimate the cal value of a complete junkie food around ~900 - 1200 cal. You should also take in mind the bad fats an sugars of the junk food, I mean, they are ok, but because of this you should probably have to get good carbos and fats during the day to compensate.
If your cheating food is not really fatty or high carbo, then you'll be in a high prot, moderate carb, low fat proportion, that isn't bad at all, less calories, though.

I do not know much about dieting, I am just giving a pseudorandom opinion ... Keep this in mind and tell me what do you think, as a feedback, please !!

Cheers.

I'm really liking a P/F/C ratio of 35/35/30 right now. Basically the ideal fat ratio diet John Berardi wrote about in Muscle. It's just difficult to make sure all those fat ratios are in check daily, takes a lot of dedication.

Cool, ratios... but what do you actually eat, Debaser? I was really hoping you'd chime in because I know you have experience with meticulous diet planning in a college environment, so I know your stuff will be cheap and easy to prepare.

K I'm ready to get to this.

I just need to know, what's your bodyweight casual?

Top Bottom