Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bone structure/size?

HulkRow

does this effect your training much? i know it effects the looks but does it disadvantage the small boned or big boned trainers?

I have a small frame. I haven't thought about it much in terms of my training. However, I do wonder if having relatively smaller wrists (in relation to body size) also means having relatively weaker wrists (in relation to body strength).

Last edited:
In terms of big or small I don't know. Length can definitely effect lift. For example, I have average length legs, long arms, and a really long torso, so I tend to be a better deadlifter than a bencher. The bar has less room to travel for me to lock out a deadlift, and more room to travel for me to lock out a bench.

That's probably not what you asking, huh. :)

HulkRow said:
does this effect your training much? i know it effects the looks but does it disadvantage the small boned or big boned trainers?

Nah...the size of your HEART is more important than any of that other stuff.

size of heart matters - but having small wrists is a great disadvantage!

i consider mine relatively small, and have injured them several times doing anything from basketball, hitting a punching bag (properly) and lifting...

i would give anything for bigger wrists.. but i've got what i've got and will deffinitely work with it.

i have a wide frame with small bones. for adding mass, little gains look much more impressive. as for lifts. if you arent lifing ballistically, there shouldnt be a problem. someone mentioned punching a bag or bball or other sports, yeah, you might have a problem there but for weight training the only problem you might have with small bones is getting too strong too fast for them...but adaptation has a way of keeping you from outlifting your bone structural strength. ie, someone wont get too strong on their bicep curls that their wrists break.(hopefully)

its not so much the bones you have to worry about, its your joints.

Whilst I was sitting here contemplating my navel yesterday (I had some time to kill!), I tried to imagine what it is going to feel like when I finally squat 1100lb (if I live to be 2000 I might succeed).

I decided that upon unracking the bar most of my poor little vertebrate (I am small boned) would probably explode thats if my wrists didn't snap from supporting all that weight. I would call that a disadvantage......

So I'm hoping that my bones are sensible enough to increase in density before I reach this level.

eldiablo said:
size of heart matters - but having small wrists is a great disadvantage!

It might be a disadvantage...but no one should let that stop them.

small bones arent a disadvantage. its actually quite an ego trip to be so light and yet outlifting people 50-70 lbs heavier. especially in the leg area....hehe, they have to lift an extra 50 lbs of ass plus the weight. LOL.

I have a small bones and joints, small waist and hips. I have an ectomorph frame but with fast twitch heavy muscles of a mesomorph, yet I'm weak as hell. Poor leverage I guess, but I'm fast and can jump high, so I know I'm fast twitchy.

Anyway small joints are cool, makes your muscles bulge out more and look bigger than they actually are :)

Give you that classic asthetic look that used to win BB comps, not so anymore though :(

Top Bottom