Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodybuilding VS Powerlifting?

ive been on the 5x5 for a while and then changed to westside->bulgarian method and now im on the push pull routine. the change in programs were due to injury reasons. the westside barbell method stopped working after a while.

after the 5x5, all sets were 1-3 reps. assistance exercizes were higher reps with around 5-10 reps/set. there were no significant differences in muscle gains.

It seems like what your after us what I do. It's called power building. I do compete in powerlifting, but I still wanna look like a weight lifter and not a fat ass. So I train my core movements like a power lifter, and my assistance work is geared around building my body and improving my lifts. I don't follow a specific program as I'm an advanced lifter and train off of instinct. Your a beginner so I suggest you start out with a solid beginner type program like 531 and add in the assistance work to add mass. This will build a solid base of strength and size. Don't forget that eating is just as important.

they opened up a powerlifter and a bodybuilders body who had died.

the PLer had white muscle fibers dominant.. the BB had red.

some of us are genetically more white, some are red. some of us are so white that if we tried BBing we would go only so far as someone who was genetically gifted with red.
some of us are 50/50 and we focus on one or the other and build more red or white.

hope that helps answer your question

Top Bottom