Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodybuilding Routines: Post Your Bodybuilding Training For Help With A New Routine

Re: Post up your bodybuilding training problems and I'll help you develop a new routi

thanks, i was wondering about those pinwheels. I'll try that next time. I've never hit forearms directly so i have no experience with this exercises.

Next question ...............

If you guys had to pick only 3 exercises for triceps, and you were going to go heavy and to failure on them, what would they be? Here are some i'm considering.

1. Weighted dips (my favorite, probably will never go without them so we can count this as one)
2. Close grip bench
3. Reverse grip bench
4. Skull crushers
5. EZ bar extensions
6. Smythe high incline close grip bench press (to get some shoulders in there)

Feel free to add more. Since we are talking heavy and failure here keep in mind safety and elbow considerations. Thanks.

Bro, when you do DC, you don't want to just pick 3 exercises, you'll want to have all 6 of these in your arsenal...because when you can no longer progress on one, you'll be switching it out for another...so have a couple in reserve for EVERY exercise. :D

Re: Post up your bodybuilding training problems and I'll help you develop a new routi

OneBreath, skull crushers are great. You need to warm p your elbows first. I do rope pulldowns to warm up elbows.

OneBreath, SouthernLord is right about increasing the rp rep range for your tricep exercises being key to avoiding elbow issues.

As for warming them up, by the time I have done my warmups and heavy working sets for chest and shoulders...not much more I can do (pulldowns, etc.) to warm up my elbows. If they aren't warmed up by now, you may as well give up on heavy lifting and take up knitting.

Of course if you feel you need to...

Thanks ceo, all points well understood and noted. This is a huge help.

I underwent complete right hip joint replacement on Sept 23. Here I am thinking about a new lower body routine.I will not become half-a-body and avoid leg work when I am released to train again October 6. And I will protect this new part. Not going to dislocate or break it.

I will have a PT for 3 times a day, 6 weeks. But unless he is (was) a squater, we won't be on the same page.

I can see that calf raises are in. Might lower the weight and slow down the action. As are ham curls and front extensions. Slow and steady.

But ... what squat? I have to keep away from that joint and bomb the quads. I'm not supposed to break 90 degrees knee to hip to shoulder.

What about Hacks? Back flat on sled, pads on shoulders, foot platform and rails set at 90 ..... Your opinion?

And what ab exercises? I used to do hanging leg lifts with weights on ankles .... and declines with 50 lb plate on chest. What now??

I underwent complete right hip joint replacement on Sept 23. Here I am thinking about a new lower body routine.I will not become half-a-body and avoid leg work when I am released to train again October 6. And I will protect this new part. Not going to dislocate or break it.

I will have a PT for 3 times a day, 6 weeks. But unless he is (was) a squater, we won't be on the same page.

I can see that calf raises are in. Might lower the weight and slow down the action. As are ham curls and front extensions. Slow and steady.

But ... what squat? I have to keep away from that joint and bomb the quads. I'm not supposed to break 90 degrees knee to hip to shoulder.

What about Hacks? Back flat on sled, pads on shoulders, foot platform and rails set at 90 ..... Your opinion?

And what ab exercises? I used to do hanging leg lifts with weights on ankles .... and declines with 50 lb plate on chest. What now??

I think the best route to this will be to ask these questions to both your surgeon and your PT. Surgeons seem to be mixed for the most part on weight training, but many other activities they are definite yay or nay on after THR. Usually very high impact sports are not recommended, like football, baseball, soccer. Things like cross-country skiing and hiking are usually OK, if the patient has had experience with them, while downhill skiing is something they are divided on (like weight training).

Because of your past years of experience with weight training they probably will give you the go ahead. They will surely recommend not going heavy. Main concerns are wear and loosening of the new joint...but, strengthening the hip around the joint should help prevent loosening. Those things (along with fractures) usually happen with more high impact activities though, which is why they recommend to avoid them.

Now things like Olympic lifts (snatch/clean/etc.) where you are "jumping" a bit while lifting a heavy weight would definitely want to be avoided (high impact under heavy weight - bad). Pretty much common sense, huh?

Also, you are going to be working up to things like squats. No way you'll get under 200 lbs right away (again, common sense)! I doubt you'll even want to start with 135. Slow and easy. Like anything that requires recovery, there will likely be quite a bit of pain at first, but your PT will help you with methods to relieve that. Even then, years from now you may still become sore after say a long hike, or too much bending while working in your garden...or maybe too much squatting. That soreness will most likely go away in a day or two just like when we workout, and is usually not a big deal (just your body letting you know that you're either not that young anymore, or you need to take it a bit easier).

Best advice I can give though is to take all this up with your surgeon and PT. Let them know your history...how long you've been weight lifting, if you trained heavy, let them know you're used to squatting 600 lbs. (or whatever). Be as thorough as possible and ask as many questions as you need to. Write down a list of questions so you don't forget them too.

I know this wasn't much help, but hopefully your PT will have some good advice. You'll also get to know your body again over a bit of time and you'll know what you can handle. Just don't jump the weight up too much at once in the beginning! 10 lbs. here, 5 lbs. there, and see how you feel the next day. Good luck bro!!

This video is the form you want to stick closer to...although he admits to using some body english (but good god he's using 125 lbs.). Not really a controlled negative he's doing there, but again with 125 lbs in one hand that would be difficult. The more strict you can keep form and more controlled you keep the negative, the better you'll be...at least until you're using 125 lbs.!

I use 100lbs for hammer curls..tried with 110lbs and almost got my elbows snatched off of my arms...I'm stuck at 100lbs, but hey it's still 100lbs :p

OneBreath, SouthernLord is right about increasing the rp rep range for your tricep exercises being key to avoiding elbow issues.

As for warming them up, by the time I have done my warmups and heavy working sets for chest and shoulders...not much more I can do (pulldowns, etc.) to warm up my elbows. If they aren't warmed up by now, you may as well give up on heavy lifting and take up knitting.

Of course if you feel you need to...

You're a beast bro...By the time I have done my heavy chest I have to go home...I do arms on a separate day

I'd stay away from Squat right now bro...and heavy lifting for that matter. Star off slow and controlled and listen to your body.

If you're gong to have a PT, then that's great. He'll help you figure out when you can increase the intensity a little. Also, like CEO said, consult your doctor before you do anything.

Aside from good diet and lifting, I do some cardio to help loose fat, this is what I do:
Warm Up- Jog for 5 mins.
Job for 1 min, sprint for 10 secs - repeat for a total of 20mins
Cooldown - Jog for 5 mins or brisk walking for 10.

How good it that for fat loss? Is their anything else I could add in to help?

And also aside from Military, whats the best exercise to broaden up shoulders more?

Aside from good diet and lifting, I do some cardio to help loose fat, this is what I do:
Warm Up- Jog for 5 mins.
Job for 1 min, sprint for 10 secs - repeat for a total of 20mins
Cooldown - Jog for 5 mins or brisk walking for 10.

How good it that for fat loss? Is their anything else I could add in to help?

And also aside from Military, whats the best exercise to broaden up shoulders more?

Interval training is good for cardio...I did it when I used to do track & Field.

Shoulders, you're lookiong for the wide square look, correct?

You need to work on your side delts. Lateral raises, heavy lateral raises, machine laterals...etc...

If you want to get bigger shoulders, we can set you up with a workout plan as well....

Are ou on a training split?

Top Bottom