Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodybuilding Routines: Post Your Bodybuilding Training For Help With A New Routine

Re: Post up your bodybuilding training problems and I'll help you develop a new routi

For the pinwheel curls.... After getting used to these go as heavy as possible. I actually use straps. I know that using straps on a forearm exercise seems stupid, but 60x15 with straps hit my forearms a lot harder than 45x15 without straps.

+1, people look at me weird when i bust out the straps for these, lol

Re: Post up your bodybuilding training problems and I'll help you develop a new routi

PJR pullovers look interesting. I always like tri movements that also hit the chest a bit (aka close grip bench, dips).

Does this movement hit the chest a bit like a normal pullover where you try not to flex the elbows?

Alc: I feel like i get the most out of skull crushers for straight up tri delight. How about elbow saftey? Sometimes when i go heavy on these i feel some strain and i've heard of injuries (drsketch comes to mind). Is there anything that can be done form wise to prevent elbow trouble with these?

I have tried the PJRs but they bothered shoulders. I know that CEO loves them.

You should be doing all extension based movements somewhere in the 20-30 rep range RP to save your elbows. That is of course if you are doing DC. I did the Rolling DB extensions yesterday for a set of 26RP. Crazy pump!!!

I have tried the PJRs but they bothered shoulders. I know that CEO loves them.

You should be doing all extension based movements somewhere in the 20-30 rep range RP to save your elbows. That is of course if you are doing DC. I did the Rolling DB extensions yesterday for a set of 26RP. Crazy pump!!!

thats the key! gotcha.

For these rolling extensions i think i've done these before but not on the decline. Is this what you're talking about?

That's It!!! The decline isn't necessary I guess. I seen Dante recommend it and I went with it. I set the bench to the highest decline setting, so it is not really that far from flat lol.

I have RPed regular EZ bar tri extensions and ez bar tri extensions leaning on the preacher curl pad (incline). I lost both in thier respected blasts. I will eventually do each of these again when I fail at the RDBE. I would recommend picking your favorite extension lift out of the three or four options and riding with that one first. Having a weighted dip, a press variation, and an extension exercise in you tri exercise rotation for each (A) workout seems like a good idea to me. This is what I am doing.

Sternum Chins!!!!

I was messing around yesterday trying to do "Power Ups" I can get my elbows over the chinning bar, but I can't lock my elbows out into the dip position. Have you ever done these? probably a lot easier on rings (yeah right). It is funny because a few months ago I could not generate the explosive power needed to get my elbows over the bar. I won't try them for a few months and then I might be able to do one complete rep lol.

I haven't tried those yet. CP recommends mixed-grip chin-ups alternating grip between sets, those are good to being able to do one arm chin-ups later.

I haven't tried those yet. CP recommends mixed-grip chin-ups alternating grip between sets, those are good to being able to do one arm chin-ups later.

one arm chinups with your other hand supporting your wrist iseasy, but doing them with one hand behind ur back....now that's a killer....I can't do that.

thanks, i was wondering about those pinwheels. I'll try that next time. I've never hit forearms directly so i have no experience with this exercises.

Next question ...............

If you guys had to pick only 3 exercises for triceps, and you were going to go heavy and to failure on them, what would they be? Here are some i'm considering.

1. Weighted dips (my favorite, probably will never go without them so we can count this as one)
2. Close grip bench
3. Reverse grip bench
4. Skull crushers
5. EZ bar extensions
6. Smythe high incline close grip bench press (to get some shoulders in there)

Feel free to add more. Since we are talking heavy and failure here keep in mind safety and elbow considerations. Thanks.

Dips are definitely nr 1. Then seated half press if you have issues with the lateral head development and close grip inclined bench press for functional stregth and hypertrophy.

PJR pullovers look interesting. I always like tri movements that also hit the chest a bit (aka close grip bench, dips).

Does this movement hit the chest a bit like a normal pullover where you try not to flex the elbows?

Alc: I feel like i get the most out of skull crushers for straight up tri delight. How about elbow saftey? Sometimes when i go heavy on these i feel some strain and i've heard of injuries (drsketch comes to mind). Is there anything that can be done form wise to prevent elbow trouble with these?

OneBreath, skull crushers are great. You need to warm p your elbows first. I do rope pulldowns to warm up elbows.

one arm chinups with your other hand supporting your wrist iseasy, but doing them with one hand behind ur back....now that's a killer....I can't do that.

Yeah that's true but doing the mix grip chin ups will help develop the strength to get there.

Here is a little something to inspire us with chin-ups YouTube - the chin-up master

Top Bottom