Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodybuilding Routines: Post Your Bodybuilding Training For Help With A New Routine

Re: Bodybuilding Routines: Post Your Bodybuilding Training For Help With A New Routin

Ok bro that's what i thought!

You needto stop working out that way and you have to learn all about squats, deadlift, bench press, military press, rows, pullups, dips, situps, leg raises and hyperextensions your workouts should only have those movements, ok you can throw in barbell curls too, but only that one.

The way you are working out it's not right for you right now, you are destroying muscle not building anything.

Workout A

full squats, 3x5
pullovers 3x20
bench presses 3x5
chins, 3x max when able to do 12reps add weight
BB curl curl 3x10
Calf Raises- 3x20
Abs 3x20

Workout B

Military Press-- 3x5
Deadlifts- 1x5
weighted dips 3x max when able to do 20 bodyweight dips add weight.
BB rows 3x5
Shrugs 3x10
Hypers 3x12
Abs 3x20

Always do a few minutes of cardio and also before the hitting the big weights do some warmup sets, those are not listed but you shouldn't need much more than 3 or 4 sets of 3-5 reps with weight increments.

You will alternate workouts on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays all other days are off. Which means on week 1 you will workout A monday, workout B wednesday and workout A friday then on week 2 u will start with B on monday, A on wednesday, B on friday, then repeat everytime you hit those reps and sets listed increase the weight by 5-10lbs.

You should also eat alot like a 4-5 times a day, with meats, fish, whole eggs, rice, potatoes, oatmeal and vegetables , also milk a whole gallon if you can and lots of water in between meals and during workouts.

You will grow because you will be progressively overloading your muscles with weight increments, because you'll be eating more and you will rest enough time for your body to build new size. Think of your body as a whole piece not just a bunch of bodyparts if you try to get stronger all over, eat right and rest you will grow.

prime example right there of why you just got the mentor title :)

Re: Bodybuilding Routines: Post Your Bodybuilding Training For Help With A New Routin

All right all, after a long lay off Im ready to get back in it.
Im 49, 6'1" and 230. Been lifting since my 20s, pretty seriously at times and not so seriously at other times.
Shoulders and knees are getting old and tired so needing to lighten up on weights. Also my recovery is not what it used to be.
I can work out 3x per week.
I have a good diet, my wost faults are 1 cup of ice cream 2x/week and beer once in a while.
I would say that in the past I worked more toward a strength workout, 3x10, 5x5, 10x3. Most recently been doing 10x10 body weight excersizes to get my bod ready for weights again.
I am trying to figure out a good hypertrophy program and this is what I have so far, I feel that I need help with sets and reps but feel free with all of it.
I workout at home and do not have access to machines. I have a bench, squat rack, oly barbell with lots of weight, 400Lbs+ and of course dumbells.
Parentheses indicate working sets.
Am trying to build push pull routine.
If I left anything out just ask.

Bench (flat or incline?) I can alternate.
Bent row
These at same weight
(2x10)

Ft squats (2x10)
Calves-standing calve raise (4x8)

Pull Up (?) right now can do (2x5) and then sets of 3
Dead Lift (2x10) thinking about alternating these with the Fr squats every other workout, or maybe just do them on saturday?

I really like power shrugs but dont know where to put them.
Also need close grip bench the same.
Push press the same.
I think that I would be best off doing whole body workouts, but what do you think?

Help please and thanks all

All right all, after a long lay off Im ready to get back in it.
Im 49, 6'1" and 230. Been lifting since my 20s, pretty seriously at times and not so seriously at other times.
Shoulders and knees are getting old and tired so needing to lighten up on weights. Also my recovery is not what it used to be.
I can work out 3x per week.
I have a good diet, my wost faults are 1 cup of ice cream 2x/week and beer once in a while.
I would say that in the past I worked more toward a strength workout, 3x10, 5x5, 10x3. Most recently been doing 10x10 body weight excersizes to get my bod ready for weights again.
I am trying to figure out a good hypertrophy program and this is what I have so far, I feel that I need help with sets and reps but feel free with all of it.
I workout at home and do not have access to machines. I have a bench, squat rack, oly barbell with lots of weight, 400Lbs+ and of course dumbells.
Parentheses indicate working sets.
Am trying to build push pull routine.
If I left anything out just ask.

Bench (flat or incline?) I can alternate.
Bent row
These at same weight
(2x10)

Ft squats (2x10)
Calves-standing calve raise (4x8)

Pull Up (?) right now can do (2x5) and then sets of 3
Dead Lift (2x10) thinking about alternating these with the Fr squats every other workout, or maybe just do them on saturday?

I really like power shrugs but dont know where to put them.
Also need close grip bench the same.
Push press the same.
I think that I would be best off doing whole body workouts, but what do you think?

Help please and thanks all

I wouldn't go any lower than 8-10 reps but if you feel you can do lower repsgo ahead.

I was thinking something like.

Monday

Front Squats (2x8-12)
Bench Press (2x8-12)
Bent Rows (2x8-12)
Inclined DB Press (2x8-12)
BB curl (2x8-12)

Wednesday

Deadlift (2x8-12)
Military Press (2x8-12)
Pullups 3 sets
Lateral Raises (2x8-12)
Shrugs or power shrugs (2x8-12)

Friday

Back Squats (2x8-12)
Pullover (2x8-12)
Db low step ups (2x8-12)
Close grip bench (2x8-12)
Calves (3x8-12)

Basically 5 exercise per workout 2 working sets each, no need of going crazy with weights and til failure.

Always start with a few minutes of cardio before going with the weights and you can also do a couple of ab movements at the end of the workout as well as a few light static stretches.

Hope this helps.

Dude thanks for your help, the pullovers that you have in there, they are done on a flat bench laying on my back? Then take the barbell from my chest, over my face and behind my head, then back to my chest? pivoting from my shoulders?
is that what you are talking about?

Dude thanks for your help, the pullovers that you have in there, they are done on a flat bench laying on my back? Then take the barbell from my chest, over my face and behind my head, then back to my chest? pivoting from my shoulders?
is that what you are talking about?

Well yeah, but you can do it with a dumbell like this:

YouTube - Weight Lifting Exercises : Weight Lifting Exercises: Dumbbell Pullovers

All right, thanks SailBot. Never seen em done with barbells good to know. Now I dont need to go buy another bench or build one.

Bodybuilders,

Post up your bodybuilding training problems and I'll help you develop a new bodybuilding routine.

WELL,I WAS GOING TO DO A HIGher volume (12 sets large/8 sets smaller bp's)followed by fst-7 sets at the end...ive been told this would be overtraining.i love max-ot style training.i just started a cyp/dbol cycle. i ususally recover in 4 days when im "off",so what volume do i want to do and frequency considering im "on" and knowing my recuperative abilities when im "off".im 18% bodyfat,5' 10",32 years old 12 years experience.i havent quite found my niche yet. although 4-6 rep range works very well for me.better than other ranges actually im trying 5-7 rep range.right now.taking all woirking sets to failure.cardio 45 mins a day-jsut started that too.

Please critique my new routine... I train on Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri and have been doing an upper/lower split for the past 6 months, but feel like changing into a bodypart split for the time being.

My new routine is as follows (warm-up sets not included)

MON - LEGS:
Squat - 4 x 8
Stiff-legged Deadlift - 3 x 8
Leg press - 3 x 12
Leg curl - 2 x 12
Calves - 4 x 12
Abs

TUES - SHOULDERS:
Standing BB press - 4 x 8
Seated DB press - 3 x 12
Lateral raises - 3 x 12
Front raises - 2 x 12

THURS - BACK & TRICEPS:
Pull-ups - 3 x 8 (with weight attached)
Deadlifts - 3 x 5
BB rows - 3 x 8
Weighted dips - 3 x 8
Skullcrushers - 3 x 8
Cable pushdowns - 3 x 8

FRI - CHEST & BICEPS
BB bench press - 4 x 8
DB incline bench - 3 x 8
Cable cross overs - 2 x 8
Standing BB curls - 3 x 8
Preacher curls - 2 x 8
DB curl - 3 x 8

Goals are to increase weight on the compound exercises each week to force the body to adapt.. I'm basically doing all the same sort of exercises as I was on my old program, just doing them in different days and in different orders.

QUESTION: On back day, would it be too much volume to do heavy on pull-ups, heavy deads AND heavy rows? In which order would you do these exercises?

Thanks

BUMP

Can anyone help with my routine above (and associated questions)?

Top Bottom