Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodybuilding Routines: Post Your Bodybuilding Training For Help With A New Routine

Re: Post up your bodybuilding training problems and I'll help you develop a new routi

Sorry Alc for highjacking your thread but Two of our under 16 years old members seem to have attention deficit disorder, they are so consumed about all theories about bodybuilding to the point they want to be the next Einsteins....

You are flooding lttle ones, empty your cups. Lack of patience, discipline and consistency gets you to no growth...

Re: Post up your bodybuilding training problems and I'll help you develop a new routi

Sorry Alc for highjacking your thread but Two of our under 16 years old members seem to have attention deficit disorder, they are so consumed about all theories about bodybuilding to the point they want to be the next Einsteins....

You are flooding lttle ones, empty your cups. Lack of patience, discipline and consistency gets you to no growth...

I was once too guilty of clusterfucking!!! When young, new, and naive to all this it is easy to get caught up. I want to do an arm specialization routine, but I can't deadlift 315 yet, and I want to get ripped. Oh, how do I get my bench up? lol They will learn, it might just be the hard way.

Allright well I was thinking of doing a split like this for the 4 weeks of mass training Iv got:
Monday : Back, Shoulder and Chest Width + High rep abs
Pullup 3x failure
Db Military 5x10
Chin 4x10
Lateral Raises 3x10
Flyes 6x20,15,12,10,8,8
SitUps 4x70-100 (near failure)

Wednesday: Back+Cheast Thickness + Arm Mass
Bent Over Barbell Row 5x10
Flat Barbell Bench 5x10
One Arm DB Row 3x8
Flat DB Bench 3x12
Over Head DB Extension 4x8
Standing Barbell Curl 4x10

Friday: Legs + Weighted Abs
DeadLift (using as little leg movement as possible) 7x6-8
Sumo Style Dead Lift (wear lifting belt) 5x10
DB Jump Squat 3x15
Barbell Shrug 4x10
Weighted Plank 3x45 sec
Weighted Lying Leg Raise 3x45sec - these are an exercise we used to do at football training, what you do is lie on the floor with your arms my your sides and lift youer feet about 6 inches off the ground for as long as possible, is this the right name?

Thats the routine I was thinking of doing, How good is it? Should I add in more for shoulder seen as Im concentrating on them?

Clusterfuck!!!!!

Uhhhhhhhh........Why??? This is not good at all. Where did you get the idea for this split? Are you doing the 5x5 now? Why change it up? You want to get your shoulders bigger??? BB overhead presses, weighted dips, incline BB press.... Use these for your presses in the 5x5.

No im not doing 5x5. If you ever noticed Iv got a journel on this board so you can check what Im doing but as a quick brake iv got 4 weeks of more mass building than strength gaining which is what Iv been doing, you yourself said that you used to "clusterfuck" and ask too many questions and Im guessing at the time you actually wanted an answer so I appreciate you saying that isnt a very good routine but it would help if you said why and what would be better otherwise wont I just end up asking another question about what I should do and thats what you and SaiBot just complained about. Think about it bro.

And yes I want bigger shoulders. Thats why I put "should I add another shoulder exercise seen as Im concentrating on them" in the post above. I alredy do Squats, Deads, Chins, Rows, Military and a few others. Check my journel if you need to no.

You suggested 5x5? For strength and to build a good base seen as im young Im guessing? This is why the program that Im on is all compound exercises and based on the 4 mass builders and the best strength builder, so doing the 5x5 now for 4 weeks would be just the same, like I said I wanted a short program I could do for 4 weeks concentrating on MASS.

You suggested 5x5? For strength and to build a good base seen as im young Im guessing? This is why the program that Im on is all compound exercises and based on the 4 mass builders and the best strength builder, so doing the 5x5 now for 4 weeks would be just the same, like I said I wanted a short program I could do for 4 weeks concentrating on MASS.

I recommended the 5x5 because it works and it has worked for many people for a long time now. It is tried and true.

What is with this 4 weeks mass gaining phase, then 4 week strength phase? Am I missing something here? You should pick a program and stick with it for 4-6 months or longer or until you quit making progress. How much mass do you plan on gaining in a month? You should be thinking about the long term, especially at your age.

I am glad you are focusing on the compounds. Just by doing this you are light years ahead of all the guys your age following the latest Flex mag workout. This in itself will pay off big time when you are older. I'd suggest you go to Madcows site and immerse yourself in it. take the time to read the training primer and theory.

Madcow's 5x5 and Training Theory and Information Site

Just 4 weeks mass for a change from the same workout Iv been doing, then Ill be back on what I was doing before or another 10 weeks or somthing, because I already dont look forward to working out so much because fo doing the same exercises over and over and just wanted to change things abit and add in another shoulder movement...
But I suppose I could just get through more of this routine for longer and stop enjoying the workouts as much?

No im not doing 5x5. If you ever noticed Iv got a journel on this board so you can check what Im doing but as a quick brake iv got 4 weeks of more mass building than strength gaining which is what Iv been doing, you yourself said that you used to "clusterfuck" and ask too many questions and Im guessing at the time you actually wanted an answer so I appreciate you saying that isnt a very good routine but it would help if you said why and what would be better otherwise wont I just end up asking another question about what I should do and thats what you and SaiBot just complained about. Think about it bro.

And yes I want bigger shoulders. Thats why I put "should I add another shoulder exercise seen as Im concentrating on them" in the post above. I alredy do Squats, Deads, Chins, Rows, Military and a few others. Check my journel if you need to no.

At your age (14 yo) and experience I would dare to say that you can do the 5x5 for 10 years and still have solid gains with it! I've suggested you a higher rep range because you are still a kid and you are not being supervised while working out.

You want mass? stick to a program and eat like a MoFo. Once you start to not noticing any significant gains in size or strength, you either change diet or program, most of the times the diet is the problem, changing a program can be as easy as just adding one more rep, set, rest between sets or doing less... If you make radical changes you will never know what's the root of the problem... and that's called clusterfucking.

That being said the best principle is progressive overload either by increments in weight, or reps with the same weight or both. Like I, SL, CEO, LB, ALC and many others said if you can add 5kg every month during 2 years how much improvement is gonna be? Do the math... at 16 you will still be young and probably with a 150kg or more bench press...

If you wanna go crazy with the weights once in a while do it but don't fall in love for the confusion principle because confusion is a bad girl who needs a more experienced guy to take care of her :biggrin:

You are a good kid Extramile with alot of potential, don't waste yourself.

*sigh* lol ok I just seem to get bored with the same exercises very easily, one thing that has been a big problem is Deadlifts and Squats, these are usually the two lifts I put the most effort into and having them on the same day is making me start puttin less effort into Squats because I know either deads are next or vise versa, would swapping Deads with Rows be ok? So For example workout A would be Squats, Rows, Chins and another exercise rather than Squats, Dead, Chins and another? This way I can put maximum effort into the 2 best exercises I do? Or would that be a drastic change?

I think you are ready for 5x5. Check your journal I left something there for you.

Saibot is right bro....you are trying to do too much in such little time....give it some time...bodybuilding is a slow process, but you will get to your goals if you stick with it...

Top Bottom