Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodybuilding, Powerlifting or Olympic lifting?

roids4life

Which one of these three different types of weight lifting do you guys think is the best for teenagers and why?

Now I know it depends on the individuals wants. In my case I would like to have a good looking body, Im not saying I have a bad body, since I have been training for a couple of years. But I have a long way to get to the ripped sexy look and due to the many different diets and training routines I dont even know what to do(they all say different things)

Most people might say bodybuilding would be the best in this case. But I realized that bodybuilding is full of steroids. 95% of the guys at my gym that have fantastic bodies are on roids.

However, I have read that bodybuilding is bro science but powerlifting is more about facts. Like if you lift constanly and heavy etc u will get stronger. But in bodybuilding its like there are too many different diets, types of training, supplements etc.. so the individual wouldn't know what to do anymore.
Would powerlifting and olympic lifting make muscles grow and look better?

Why would u be interested in a teens body? Kinda creepy.

Easy look at the builds of the 3. Manipulate them as you will to develop the physique ur looking for.

What they choose to utilize to build their physique's is their business, not my concern.

The best approach is to do what's best for your goals. If you just want the beach body look, then Something like high intensity cardio and circuit training. I guess cross fit would suit those needs. They do a mix of everything in order to improve all around fitness.

depends on what is your definition of the 3?

i'm assuming you are talking about the types of workouts. if so is the powerlifting/olympic lifting by weight class? that changes things. i did powerlifting in high school myself and we would also run 45 minutes a day too around the track so we could make weight. the idea was to get as strong as possible BUT also stay in as low a weight class as possible. i had a lot of fun doing this because I love competition. i got strong but i also was in great shape too. if you looked at my body you would of assumed i was a bodybuilder not a powerlifter because i had very low body fat and an 8 pack. don't assume powerlifting is just a bunch of obese guys doing 2 rep sets

Over thinking. I have always combined all the styles together. My goal is to be well rounded and athletic.

////But I realized that bodybuilding is full of steroids. 95% of the guys at my gym that have fantastic bodies are on roids.///// Not true. Well at least I don't think so. Big and bloated is not in shape.

Most people might say bodybuilding would be the best in this case. But I realized that bodybuilding is full of steroids. 95% of the guys at my gym that have fantastic bodies are on roids.

However, I have read that bodybuilding is bro science but powerlifting is more about facts. Like if you lift constanly and heavy etc u will get stronger.

If you think powerlifting isnt dominated by steroids I have a bridge in New York to sell ya.

That being said, powerlifting and bodybuilding are specifics endeavors wirth goals on different things. Bodybuilding is abouts size and propertion, powerlifting about strength. Thats not to say BBers are weak or that PLers arent large but their focus differs.

You need to decide what you want and go after it.

Personally im more interested in well rounded, usable mobility and strength than I am mass. Im already a lot bigger than I really want to be and keep growing but im not as strong as I would like to be so keep plugging away.

Top Bottom