Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodybuilder or power lifter? and making the change?

big e 75

I was just wondering who on the board are bodybuilders and who are power lifters? And how that affects your AS usage?

I was a power lifter for almost 8 yrs...I won a few awards and hurt my back one too many times. Its funny...the bodybuilders think the power lifters are fat meatheads and the powerlifters think the bodybuilders are skinny, weaklings. I always wondered why the two never really get along?

I have made the conversion to bodybuilding and it is a lot harder for me than powerlifting. The strict diet and cardio workouts are killing me. But I think I look better now than before...ladies also think so.

Has anyone else made this conversion and if so any pointers would be great!!

Thanks!

Nah, no conversion here. I'm a bodybuilder but I use powerlifting principles in a lot of my training. I use farmer's walk in my arm routine, and myforearms grew half an inch. No more wrist curls for me. BBers can learn a lot from Powerlifters. A very good friend of mine and Co-worker is a powerlifter and we get along just fine.

When we started becoming better friends, I started casually taking about gear. His response was: "No I don't take anything because we get tested and I only use creatine and vitamin C." This guy is 250-260lbs fairly lean at 14-15 % BF. I laughed in his face and said: "Come on, bro who are you kidding!" Eventually he laughed, and we started discussing halotestin.

BigAndy69

Please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a "farmers walk"? My stcicks I call forearms are drivin' me crazy. I would love to try something new that has worked for someone else.

Thanks,
Joker

great story.
I also think that each side could learn alot from the other.

Ihave learned a lot from a BB friend of mine.

I know some power lifters who took 2 gms of test a week! and 200mg of anadrol. They were fat and happy and strong as hell.

BigAndy69 said:
I use farmer's walk in my arm routine, and myforearms grew half an inch. No more wrist curls for me.

BA what type or exercise is this farmer's walk? How's it done?
Sounds like it's what I need! Thanks.

Maxx >>>>>

I was a football player until a year ago. I was an O-lineman, so lifting wise I was a powerlifter. My goals were strength and size. My cycles were about the same, but I would not have done a cutting cycle then. The only difference really is diet. Before I bulked by eating as much as possible. Now I follow my bulking cycles with cutting phases. That's the only difference. Oh, and I am a lot lighter and I use much stricter form when training, so the ego hurts a bit, but so what

Thanks Joker for saving me some typing!

That link explains it perfectly. If you really want to target the forearms, make sure you don't use wrist wraps on that lift. Farmer's walk is one of the best functional strengh excercises you can do.

I also like to do a variation of the farmer's walk where I unrack the heaviest weight possible, and hold it until my grip fails.

The farmer's walk: Basically, this country
boy exercise involves deadlifting a pair of
heavy dumbbells and then taking a stroll.
You can perform a designated number of
"sets" for a certain distance or have a
contest to see who can walk the farthest.
When I first began doing them, I could
hardly get 25 yards with 100-pound bells.
Now, I can get 100 yards with that weight.

I even had a special pair of 175-pound rails
made out of old railroad track. The farmer's
walk is intense and is not intended for sissy
boys! Aside from endurance, this exercise is
great for the grip, forearms, and traps.
Actually, it's difficult to say what body part
this exercise works because it seems to tax
every fiber of your being!

Top Bottom