Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Body fat percent

Burncycle360

For the past 2 weeks I've been eating less, I walk quite a bit at work, and I go home and excercise (I don't do any aerobics past the walking at work though)

Yet my lil pooch on my lower stomach hasn't gone away. In fact, it seems to be getting bigger!

For the next few weeks I want to do a real bust-ass routine with the goal of lowering my body fat as much as possible, as fast as possible. Any suggestions on a routine?

decrease the time between your sets to increase your metabolism.

Cardio is really the only way though. You need to create a calorie deficit in the body in order to reduce fat. But you don't want to work at too high a level. Work to about 60% of your maximum heart beat for 2-3 sessions a week for about 30 mins. You will need to work for longer than 20 mins as the first 20 mins of cardio the body will burn glycogen from the muscles before attacking another sources of energy.

Also, give yourself more time. I don't think 2 weeks is long enough to see any results. Especailly where you want to get rid of the fat.

any routines in particular I should try?

Right now I have 2 in mind
1 is the navy seal basic program:

Week 1,2: 2 miles a day, 8:30 pace, M/W/F
Week 3: No run (high risk of stress fracture)
Week 4: 3 mile/day Mon/T/T/F
Week 5,6: 2/3/4/2 M/T/T/F
Week 7,8,9: 3/4/5/2 M/T/T/F

I dislike this becuase I hate running, lol.

Here's the other one I had in mind (circuit training, NO rest in between workouts)
1 Minute run, 1 minute pushup, 1 minute run, 1 minute situp, 1 minute run, 1 minute pullup, 1 minute run, 1 minute jumping jacks, 1 minute run, 1 minute pushups, 1 minute run, 1 minute jumping jacks, 1 minute run.

repeat 3 times

It's different, which I like.... (not all running)

Should I try one of these Or is there a 3rd option that's better?

Good luck trying to run that much if you're just starting it up.

You should start out slower than that. You need to be in good shape to take on a Navy Seal routine! If you are just starting out, just jog for 20 minutes/3 days in week one. Then bump it up to 25 minutes/3 days in week 2...and keep bumping it up 5 mins a week. Get yourself in shape slowly, otherwise you'll just injure yourself. Also, have you thought about adding a supplement to your diet? I just started taking Alpha Lipoic Acid 5 days ago and I've already lost 2 pounds. Read up about it on these boards (do a search) and add it to your diet if you like...it may aid your fat loss.

Madhops

I'm already in shape, I just haven't really been doing that much cardio since last year around this time, so I've put on some fat. Not all that much, just to the point where you can't really see my lower abs.

Top Bottom