Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boardin087 - where are you training muay thai?

young guns said:
i was checkin into that school and here's what i found out. the instructor teaches tiger-crane kung fu also, and has earned master instructor rank in it. he has trained in muay thai, kali, silat, kenpo, wing chun and tai chi. but the site says nothing about his extent of training in any of these, except that he is nationally recognized for his weapons training, so i assume he has a heavy background in kali. as far as muay thai, i don't know his background in it, but the site does say he and his students go to summer thai camps in bangkok.

i was a little concerned about the fact that he seems to advocate the use of rolling pins for shin conditioning, while everyone on here says they have yet to meet a thai instructor that does that.

I'm sure it might be somebody worth picking up some stuff from. Not sure if he can take you to the Next level or if he would be a good competitive coach. I'm just making an assumption, since I don't really know anything about this guy.
I researched my instructor thoroughly before I decided to spend my time and money with them. The Master and Kru I have studied under are very reputable people and considered among the best Muay Thai instructors in the USA. The Master that got me started on the basics was born and raised in Thailand, he had over 80 pro fights and was know to be a great elbow knock out artist. The Kru I study under now is an amazing individual with over 50 pro fights, he has a highlight film on the internet... He is a sick Thai Fighter. These guys aren’t diversified into any other art, they are Thai Fighters down to the core.

Top Bottom