Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bluegrass Strongman Update, 06-14-04

b fold the truth

Elite Strongman
Platinum
I hope that everyone is getting ready for the contest!!!! I'm sure excited.

Entry Form Here:
http://www.clintdarden.com/pics/Bluegrass 2004/Bluegrass Entry Form.doc

Entries have already started coming in which leads me to believe that we will have a nice turn out for the contest. Don't forget, the first entry turned in will go last on the first event (The Joker Inc/ APT Prowriststraps Car Deadlift).

I got the women's log on Saturday and it is 3' long, 6" around, and 55 pounds in weight. I am pretty excited to see some big PR's put up by the women on it for the contest. It should feel very good in their hands and will fit their body a lot better than an 8" log will.

The Joker Inc / APT Prowriststraps Car Deadlift set up came in this evening and it looks pretty darn cool. We may make another small modification or two on it between now and contest day, but still plan on it being very heavy. Right now the handles are palms facing and exactly 18" from the ground. There is a chance that I may have the athletes stand on a small platform which will make it between 16-17" from the ground but I will have to see how it works in training on Wednesday and Sunday. I tried it tonight with the Geo Metro loaded on it and was pretty easy. To me, it felt similar to picking up a pair of 140-150 pound farmers from 18". It did not feel really heavy right off the ground but it did seem to get heavier the farther that I pulled. Then I added 90 pounds to the set up and it did feel like quite a bit more weight. Everything will be ironed out on it pretty soon so that everyone will know how it will feel on contest day. Just plan on training heavy for this event. Some of the best deadlifters may get quite a few reps, but I do not believe that everyone will.

Some people have been training this event with a trap bar from 18", and that may be the best way to train it at home. Don't forget that www.prowriststraps.com is paying $50 CASH to the winner of each division in this event IF they wear a pair of straps from them. Their straps are VERY good quality and really pretty cheap too. Email me and I will send you information on how to get a 25% discount on ALL of their products for the Bluegrass contest

So far, here is the list of competitors that I have:

Women's Light:
have heard a maybe from two competitors

Women's Middle:
Vicki Dupuis
Michelle Wortham
Kim Lindsey

175's
Vinny Ricigiliano
François Duchesne
Jeff McGuire

200's
Jason Linder
Kyle Mask

231's
Shane Solomon
Clint Poore
Jason Acree
James Alexander

265's
Kasey Prather

300's
Ryan Brown

SHW's
Jeremy Moore

I have heard from many more competitors who have made plans to come to the contest but have not heard anything "for sure" back from them. There were quite a few good competitors from the Music City this past weekend who seemed very interested.

Don't forget that everyone will get an award at the contest. Give it everything that you have and you will go home with something.

I am working with a few more possible sponsors so that we can have some goodie bags as well as other prizes for the competitors. Things are looking good, just need to close some deals.

If I have left your name off of the list, please let me know. Entry forms are coming in every day.

Feel free to email me if you have ANY questions about the contest.

Car Deadlift:
Car%201.jpg

Adding 90 pounds...
Car%203.jpg

Car%204.jpg

Women's Log
Log%201.jpg

Log%202.jpg

Log%203.jpg

B True

Did the car deadlift tonight with the Blue Caddy...WOW!!! I squatted and deadlifted first, so I was a little tired at this point.

The car deadlift was HEAVY. I think that had I been fresh and COMPLETELY into it...I could have done 12 reps in 75 seconds. I worked with it for a while so that the initial pull was NOT easy. It was starting out easy and then HEAVY at the end...which isn't going to work. I put some plates under the set up and stood on a box. From the box...the bottom of the handles were at 15".
Car%202.jpg

Car%20dead%202.jpg

I also learned that straps are a GOOD idea on these. After a couple of reps, I was holding the handles in my fingers on the way up.
Car%20dead%203.jpg

B True

You guys should make plans to come train...or even compete.

I took these the other day while I was doing the car deadlift as well. I plan to go much heavier this Sunday...

At the Start...
Car%20dead%204.jpg

Finish
Clint%204.jpg

B True

Lord_Suston said:
SIck, I still don't think I can make it though.

Hate to hear that man. Will not be the same without the big NYTC.

B True

vixenbabe said:
Good luck big guy!

Gonna need it...headed cross the big pond after I promote this contest.

B True

Top Bottom