Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Blasting 1 Muscle Group Per Day

focoman

My training partner and I are thinking about trying a different style of training for the next 4-6 weeks. I'm sure someone here has mentioned something similar, but I wouldn't know how to search for a thread about it cuz I don't what it would be called.

Anyway, to shock myself into some extra growth I plan to break my training down into one muscle group per day, but completely obliterate that muscle group. I plan on doing around 5-6 different exercises for each group (instead of 3), and will not have so much of a set plan. Instead I will continue to throw in new exercises until that muscle is completely dead....

Day 1: Triceps and forearms
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: Shoulders
Day 4: Back and abs
Day 5: rest
Day 6: Chest and Traps
Day 7: Biceps

If anyone has any comments on such a plan, I'd be interested....I dont think this is a great permanent plan, but for a change of place I think it might just what I need.

doesnt sound very good, sorry to say. sometimes you will be working the other muscles involuntarily and could overtrain them

I'm really against that sort of plan.

I'd hate to quote any bodybuilding magazine of any kind, but with this 80's slogan, they were right on the money: "Stimulate, don't annihilate!"

Generally the more volume one performs, the more of a growth stimulus created by that one particular training session. The problem begins when people drop training frequency in order to up the volume. When you train like that, the training stimulus from each individual session is higher, but the overall stimulus is much lower because it occurs so infrequently. Train with enough volume and you can actually kill muscle cells (necrosis)!

I think you'd be much better served to scope out one of the lower volume, higher frequency programs, such as HST or DC.

-casualbb

Top Bottom