Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now!

This will be my last post about the 5x5 for awhile, maybe until January or so. I want to say thanks to all the awesome guys here who took the time to help me out. I only did 4 weeks on the 5x5 and was doing a major cutting diet, but I looked back and saw that I actually increased my bench max by 15 pounds and my squat max by 20 pounds. This program actually did work even while doing a major cutting diet. Anyways, I'm going to try that 12-week body-for-life thing, since I've made the decision that my only concern is to get my damn 6-pack to show right now. This will allow me to do much more HIIT than I could handle on the 5x5, and the training program is endurance training rather than strength training to make it more of a cardio thing. As soon as I finally look good, I'm hopping right back on the 5x5 program to bulk up and I'll actually eat like I'm supposed to. Just to make sure I don't get fat again, I'll probably be doing some kind of keto diet (CKD or TKD) except with excess calories to make sure I gain muscle. Anyways, I hate to fall off the 5x5 bandwagon here, but my goal is to get that damn six-pack first so I can bulk with the 5x5 later. Thanks again to everyone who helped me out. You can be sure I'll back in a few months.

Good luck Siamesedream.

Madcow stated on here several times that his goal was not to get everyone training 5x5 but, rather, to open people's minds to alternatives to drugs and to the classic BB split and to show how the rest of the world trains outside bodybuilding.

This program has led to many people here becoming empowered in their own training and progressing to levels which many believed were only attainable with steroids. Not only that but also left us with the feeling that these are nowhere near personal limits.

Yeah good luck bro. It seems like a good idea to get lean then worry about muscle. See ya in a bit...

BTW you don't have to leave, just post up about what kind of lifting you're doing and we'll rip it aprt for you :) J/K

Madcow was against the idea when I suggested the same. I even suggested that it have its own forum and he nixed that too.

The problem with stickies is that hardly anyone looks at them. Madcow noticed that the thread got a surge in views everytime it went back up to the top and decided that it was better not being stuck at the top.

If it does die away then that'll be just because it's served its main purpose and we don't need it anymore. It is linked to in the sticky of training routines.

On the wednesday workout......does anyone do their deads BEFORE their dropped weight in squats? If so, why?

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

big perm said:
On the wednesday workout......does anyone do their deads BEFORE their dropped weight in squats? If so, why?
It's not generally recommended to squat after deadlift. The squat is a more technical lift than the deadlift and squating while utterly knackered as you'll be in weeks3 and 4 is not recommended.

The original Starr 5x5 layout has OHP before the deads, too.

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

Blut Wump said:
It's not generally recommended to squat after deadlift. The squat is a more technical lift than the deadlift and squating while utterly knackered as you'll be in weeks3 and 4 is not recommended.

That's what I figured and it's the way I've done them, but after reading the thread -Deads and Squats on the same day- I questioned whether or not anyone running the Starr 5X5 was doing them this way.

Blut Wump said:
The original Starr 5x5 layout has OHP before the deads, too.

Interesting......have you done them this way and if so how did your OHP weight differ?

Thanks for the response bro.

big perm said:
Interesting......have you done them this way and if so how did your OHP weight differ?

Thanks for the response bro.
No I haven't. I spotted it just a week or so ago and don't know why madcow had the OHP after deads. That, for me, was one of the worst parts of the Wednesday workout: doing deads and then trying to find energy to do some OHP while my back was telling me just to go home. Next time around, I'll be trying OHP before deads.

You're most welcome.

Top Bottom