Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now!

I'm in week 8 and I made today's PRs. If I make next week's bench I'll be tripling a weight just 2.5Kg lower than my 1RM of two months ago. If I'm feeling good I might even go for the extra. Either that or stay as scheduled and then rest and try for a new 1RM.

Madcow2 said:
Barbell rows are done from the floor anyway. No need to rack the weight on a squat rack and then transfer it.

If you are talking about squatting in general...well the squatting is pretty much the core of this program the way it's arranged. It plays a huge part in the loading and deloading protocols and is the major contributor to gains. If you can't squat you are pretty screwed. Take a look for a cheap set of squat stands or something. It's absolutely essential for a home gym.

I know
believe me I want to get one
do you think I could substitue Deadlifts for Squats and SLDL for BLDL?

im goin to try this in 6 weeks after i end my current routine...

i was wondering if adding a tricep exercise on monday such as skulls or dips would deter the from the routine. i think id help with the pressing.

also some calves and grip work ok right, not too concerned with bicep work with this routine

1 ?

for the actual sets of 5x5 do u use the same weight? so bench

warm up 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5
work set 315 5x5 ?

TheOak84 said:
1 ?

for the actual sets of 5x5 do u use the same weight? so bench

warm up 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5
work set 315 5x5 ?
Warm up how you wish but, yes, for the 5x5 exercises it's five sets of five reps at the same weight. On the 1x5 days the above would be a fine example doing just one set of the 315x5 along with the outlined sets of 5 for warmups.

BTW nice numbers for military press. :)

Last edited:
question starting this routine but id rather get to the gym 4-5 times a week rather than 3 is there anything i can change around? if not what routine should i do that could get me similar results but going 4-5 times a week mayb even 6?

mayhems said:
question starting this routine but id rather get to the gym 4-5 times a week rather than 3 is there anything i can change around? if not what routine should i do that could get me similar results but going 4-5 times a week mayb even 6?
Do abs and cardio on the other days. Believe me, i thought the same thing, but IF you do it right, 3 days a week will be MORE than enough, especially the 1st 4 weeks.
Bionic

i also heard that too much cardio can affect the muscle... in other words prevent bulk? and it which should i do the one u posted or meso or w/e that says low volume tris/abs and then wed bis/abs

also what happens after the 8-10 period? start over? or switch up routines?

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

TheOak84 said:

i was wondering if adding a tricep exercise on monday such as skulls or dips would deter the from the routine. i think id help with the pressing.

also some calves and grip work ok right, not too concerned with bicep work with this routine

why not change your grip on one of the bench workouts..

WHY ISNT THIS A STICKY YET??????

TheOak84 said:

Sure. The arms take a good beating from all the pressing and rowing so just pick a single tricept and bicept exercise and hit them once a week for 3 sets of 8-10 or whatever.

Top Bottom