x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now!

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now! within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Content by Madcow2 Last Revised 1/11/2006 UPDATE - I have updated program descriptions, template downloads, and an updated Table of Contents on my Geocities site (i.e. lots more topics and better organization). This will be the final update of this TOC in the thread (and it's an incomplete one because there's just too much) but the one on that site essentially links all the topics below and more, many of which come to this very thread. This is easier on me and the better descriptions with

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 7 of 153 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now!

I'm in week 8 and I made today's PRs. If I make next week's bench I'll be tripling a weight just 2.5Kg lower than my 1RM of two months ago. If I'm feeling good I might even go for the extra. Either that or stay as scheduled and then rest and try for a new 1RM.

Pro Bodybuilder

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now!

Quote Quote posted by Madcow2
    Barbell rows are done from the floor anyway. No need to rack the weight on a squat rack and then transfer it.

If you are talking about squatting in general...well the squatting is pretty much the core of this program the way it's arranged. It plays a huge part in the loading and deloading protocols and is the major contributor to gains. If you can't squat you are pretty screwed. Take a look for a cheap set of squat stands or something. It's absolutely essential for a home gym.
    I know
    believe me I want to get one
    do you think I could substitue Deadlifts for Squats and SLDL for BLDL?

im goin to try this in 6 weeks after i end my current routine...

i was wondering if adding a tricep exercise on monday such as skulls or dips would deter the from the routine. i think id help with the pressing.

also some calves and grip work ok right, not too concerned with bicep work with this routine

1 ?

for the actual sets of 5x5 do u use the same weight? so bench

warm up 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5
    work set 315 5x5 ?

Quote Quote posted by TheOak84
    1 ?

for the actual sets of 5x5 do u use the same weight? so bench

warm up 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5
    work set 315 5x5 ?
    Warm up how you wish but, yes, for the 5x5 exercises it's five sets of five reps at the same weight. On the 1x5 days the above would be a fine example doing just one set of the 315x5 along with the outlined sets of 5 for warmups.

BTW nice numbers for military press.
    Last edited by Blut Wump; 01-Mar-2005 at 06:46 AM.

Good Broly

question starting this routine but id rather get to the gym 4-5 times a week rather than 3 is there anything i can change around? if not what routine should i do that could get me similar results but going 4-5 times a week mayb even 6?

A 'HALO' over my head... BionicBC's Avatar

Quote Quote posted by mayhems
    question starting this routine but id rather get to the gym 4-5 times a week rather than 3 is there anything i can change around? if not what routine should i do that could get me similar results but going 4-5 times a week mayb even 6?
    Do abs and cardio on the other days. Believe me, i thought the same thing, but IF you do it right, 3 days a week will be MORE than enough, especially the 1st 4 weeks.
    Bionic

Good Broly

i also heard that too much cardio can affect the muscle... in other words prevent bulk? and it which should i do the one u posted or meso or w/e that says low volume tris/abs and then wed bis/abs

also what happens after the 8-10 period? start over? or switch up routines?

Chemical Wizard

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

i was wondering if adding a tricep exercise on monday such as skulls or dips would deter the from the routine. i think id help with the pressing.

also some calves and grip work ok right, not too concerned with bicep work with this routine
    why not change your grip on one of the bench workouts..

WHY ISNT THIS A STICKY YET??????

Olympian

Sure. The arms take a good beating from all the pressing and rowing so just pick a single tricept and bicept exercise and hit them once a week for 3 sets of 8-10 or whatever.