Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now!

Yeah - your 5x5 and 1x5 (and 3x3 / 1x3) are separate. Your goal is to scale each up to the record weeks and obviously what you can handle for 5x5 is a bit less than what one can do for 1x5. The only linked portion is the Wednesday 5x5 squats present in the volume phase which are based on your Monday weight just a given % less (generally around 15-20%).

OK, I thought that might be the case but I just wanted to make sure. I'm psyched to try this out so hopefully I'll be over my cold by next week. I'm dying to get back in the gym.

Womanizer said:
Okay ty, and for rows are these barbell rows? I have a link for them right here:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/excercise/bentoverbarebellrows.htm
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366601

This is a good link on properly performing rows. There are two variations, the one I address at the top and a supperior one further down. Both of these are done dynamically and are supperior to the fairly sad execuse of this exercise that most people see in the gym but the 2nd description at the bottom of page 1 is supperior and is useful to have in the arsenal.

Barbell rows are done from the floor anyway. No need to rack the weight on a squat rack and then transfer it.

If you are talking about squatting in general...well the squatting is pretty much the core of this program the way it's arranged. It plays a huge part in the loading and deloading protocols and is the major contributor to gains. If you can't squat you are pretty screwed. Take a look for a cheap set of squat stands or something. It's absolutely essential for a home gym.

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

Just finished Week 5, the "deloading" phase. Seemed easy since sets and reps were dropped, but weight stayed the same. This week i begin Week 6-Time to increase those weights! So far Ive gained about 6 lbs, but I bagan a cycle about the same time I started this too, so between the cycle AND this program Im hoping for some wicked improvements!
Bionic :evil:

Top Bottom