x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now!

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now! within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Content by Madcow2 Last Revised 1/11/2006 UPDATE - I have updated program descriptions, template downloads, and an updated Table of Contents on my Geocities site (i.e. lots more topics and better organization). This will be the final update of this TOC in the thread (and it's an incomplete one because there's just too much) but the one on that site essentially links all the topics below and more, many of which come to this very thread. This is easier on me and the better descriptions with

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53103143144145146147148149150151152153
Results 1,521 to 1,525 of 1525

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen this routine? Just about to start matt reynolds animal mass version which I have done a few times with great success, but stumbled upon this by accident.

Anyone have any ideas on it relating to the animal mass version and standArd madcow?

I was looking at subbing the higher reps for 5x5, so 3/5 then straight 5/5. and de loading etc in the same way as the above stated workouts. just as a change from animal mass.

Intermediate 4 Day
    Monday

Squat or box squat 2-3 x 5

Glute/Ham Raises or pull throughs 3 x 10

Bent Row or Chest Supported row 4 x 6

Barbell or Dumbbell Curl 3 x 8

Wednesday

Bench Press or low board press 3 x 5, or 3 x 3

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8

Military or Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3 x 8

Skull Crushers 3 x 10

Friday

Deadlift or rack deadlift 2-3 x 5

Leg press 2 x 10

Chin or lat pull-down 4 x 6

Barbell or Dumbbell Curl 3 x 8

Calf Raises 3 x 15

Saturday

Incline bench press or Incline Dumbbell Press 3 x 5, or 3 x 3

Dumbbell Bench Press 4x8

Military or Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3 x 8

Tricep pushdowns 3 x 10

Ab work 3 x 10

Thumbs up Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

This is awesome! Check it out!!!

Bodybyboyle Online Strength And Conditioning Service

<a href="http://7ea35c-dsd3dwl34h51lzd04fg.hop.clickbank.net/" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now!

I know madcow2 hasn't posted in almost ten years, but since this thread is still active, I thought I'd update one of the dead links in his TOC.

That page has long since been moved to https://www.uwlax.edu/RecSports/Training-videos/.

The only reason I know this is that UW-L happens to be my alma mater. The university has one of the oldest exercise physiology programs in the nation, so when I was learning how to lift, I had the benefit of learning from scientists who had made careers out of researching the finer points of form and technique. It was invaluable for my progression.

The video collection is a trove of useful information. I hope this continues to be helpful for up-and-coming lifters.

All Natural

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now!

Doing bench 2x a week is fine. If you really are on a plateau then make sure you start the program with light weight. Make sure your 5RM is not till week 4.