x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now!

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now! within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Content by Madcow2 Last Revised 1/11/2006 UPDATE - I have updated program descriptions, template downloads, and an updated Table of Contents on my Geocities site (i.e. lots more topics and better organization). This will be the final update of this TOC in the thread (and it's an incomplete one because there's just too much) but the one on that site essentially links all the topics below and more, many of which come to this very thread. This is easier on me and the better descriptions with

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 148 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4898138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1526

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

Thank you for your help.

Much appreciated.

:-)

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

Madcow,

Can I do both cleans and rows? It's hard to just dump one since both are very good. Would doing this overtrain the lower back and screw up my deads?

Mon: squat, clean, bench, row
    Wed: squat, dead, press, chins
    Fri: squat, clean, bench, row (some assistance for arms and calves)

My bench is also on a plateau. I believe training them on Fri and again on Mon is probably not allowing enough recovery. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Quote Quote posted by exmartin View Post
    Madcow,

Can I do both cleans and rows? It's hard to just dump one since both are very good. Would doing this overtrain the lower back and screw up my deads?

Mon: squat, clean, bench, row
    Wed: squat, dead, press, chins
    Fri: squat, clean, bench, row (some assistance for arms and calves)

My bench is also on a plateau. I believe training them on Fri and again on Mon is probably not allowing enough recovery. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Dude i think with heavy enough deads and the pullups you will get enough back work. Maybe do more than 3 sets for pullups instead of adding rows AND cleans.

Doing bench 2x a week is fine. If you really are on a plateau then make sure you start the program with light weight. Make sure your 5RM is not till week 4. I would also not do the accessory work on Friday if your bench doesnt go up. It should tho it worked well for me and I used to be the bench king, been benching for 6 years

Thumbs up Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

I'm an "old man" (45) this is my "friday" for this routine.So far so good! Thanks alot Madcow!

Where can I find the download of the spreadsheat that the geocities link refers to in the first post, that link isn't working.

Guru

Quote Quote posted by Kentan View Post
    Where can I find the download of the spreadsheat that the geocities link refers to in the first post, that link isn't working.
    do you mean this?

5x5 Calculator

Quote Quote posted by ExtraMile View Post
    do you mean this?

5x5 Calculator
    Don't listen to him Kentan. That one is wrong. If you want to purchase it, send $19.99 plus tax to me and I will send it to you

Quote Quote posted by ExtraMile View Post
    do you mean this?

5x5 Calculator
    Thanks for the answer, but that's not the one.

I would like the one for the 5x5 advanced, and according to this text:
    Loading/Volume (Weeks 1-4)

Exercise Sets x Reps
    Details

Monday
    Squat 5x5
    Bench 1x5
    Barbell Row 1x5
    It's not, becuase the Squats should be a 5x5 (same weight for 5 sets), but the calculator on that link shows a serie of increasing weights for the different sets (1x5).

Tblock1, I will not pay for it, but I would really appreciate if you could email it to me.

Good Bro

what is the benefit of ramping over doin a regular same weight 5x5?

I cant link directly. So please go to multiupload com and add /FLP2V5Z6MN to the url.

I'm not sure who made the spreadsheets but they refer to the old madcow site.

The link that Extra Mile posted is the intermediate version. That's why its ramping the weights. You're supposed to use this routine till you squat 1.5 body weight. The lower volume/intensity should help improving technique I guess. I'm not sure though as I've never seen the old madcow site myself.