x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals

Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now!

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now! within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Content by Madcow2 Last Revised 1/11/2006 UPDATE - I have updated program descriptions, template downloads, and an updated Table of Contents on my Geocities site (i.e. lots more topics and better organization). This will be the final update of this TOC in the thread (and it's an incomplete one because there's just too much) but the one on that site essentially links all the topics below and more, many of which come to this very thread. This is easier on me and the better descriptions with

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

Hi Hi. Wondering if anyone has any tips for me... I love this programme, done it a few years ago and had great results. Desperately want to get back into squats and deadlifting this winter. However, I rock climb three times a week at an indoor centre, for about 2-3 hours each time at moderate intensity.

Is doing a Bill Starr-esque programme alongside rock climbing a good idea? Climbing doesn't really hit the muscles that squats/deads/bench primarily hits, but I'm still worried that recovery might be an issue.

Thanks!

Scott.

Good Broly

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

Can i ask also something? Is it better to put enough weights on the bar to carry the program out own my own strenght or shall i put slight more and have some help from a spotter?

Quote Quote posted by NOLOGY77 View Post
    Can i ask also something? Is it better to put enough weights on the bar to carry the program out own my own strenght or shall i put slight more and have some help from a spotter?
    Please read madcow's website, if you have to ask a question like this you clearly haven't spent one single minute actually doing some reading for yourself.

hey nology, i went to orchard supply and got chains that weighed .5lbs ill be using those so i can get the exact weights. its called microloading

DJ, im starting today. I know this might seem like a basic question but is 3500 calories enough to bulk me up im 5'9" 185

Quote Quote posted by the.gladiator1987 View Post
    hey nology, i went to orchard supply and got chains that weighed .5lbs ill be using those so i can get the exact weights. its called microloading

DJ, im starting today. I know this might seem like a basic question but is 3500 calories enough to bulk me up im 5'9" 185
    Short answer yes, long answer....

It depends on what your daily activity is like. Do a search on this forum, there are many threads regarding caloric intake and how to determine how many calories you need to cut/ gain weight based on your weekly activities.

Quote Quote posted by djeclipse View Post
    Short answer yes, long answer....

It depends on what your daily activity is like. Do a search on this forum, there are many threads regarding caloric intake and how to determine how many calories you need to cut/ gain weight based on your weekly activities.

But I need you to search that for me! Thats why I asked

hahahaha jk i know bro just wanted a quick answer I saw that you were online and just posted in this thread. I know its enough to grow based on calories and my activity level but some people say under 4000 calories is a waste and less than 2g per lb of BW is pointless lol

Quote Quote posted by the.gladiator1987 View Post
    But I need you to search that for me! Thats why I asked

hahahaha jk i know bro just wanted a quick answer I saw that you were online and just posted in this thread. I know its enough to grow based on calories and my activity level but some people say under 4000 calories is a waste and less than 2g per lb of BW is pointless lol
    Some people say the smith machine is a good piece of equipment and squatting past parallel is bad for the knees... some people are simply wrong. Doy our own research, find out for yourself. Start a new thread or journal if you like.

All Natural

hello to all the Bill Starr/Madcow 5x5 devotees
    i just completed wk 4 and AWESOME is the best word i can use
    i read madcows site about 3or4 times followed his advice to the letter and i cruised through wk4 like it was wk2 my strength has come on in leaps and bounds looking forward to setting new records for a good few weeks hopefully
    im doing the beginner/linear program and ill be riding this horse for as long as it runs
    applauds to Madcow for his time and effort fbw`outs 3xweek beat the shit out of 1 bodypart 1x week LONG LIVE MADCOW

It was hard to believe that guy named MadCow KNOWS a secret of weightlifting without gear. Ok, he not invent it, but he really nice spell it all out for us. I blow years of my life with nonsense programs and I actually manage to lose my strength. After so many years, progress AT LAST. Thanks to Madcow and his excel file that keep me from going insane with too much volume and intensity. Big THANKS for that.

Now, little question for all you more experienced. I am currently in intermmediate madcow program. My friday workout is over 1 hour long even if I superset assistance exercises. I am little worried about it, because as I get stronger and stronger it will go to 1,5 hours and that seems too long from what I read before. Specially if I go to advanced program and when I look wensday and it look to me that is 2 hour workout it it is definitely too long. If I stick to madcow recomended 2-4 min pause between series.

Another thing I would like you guys to comment. It seems silly, please do not laugh. On intermediate program, on friday there is bench, dips and triceps extension. It just seems too much volume on triceps and I feel that I cannot go really heavy on it. What do you say about it? I can go on, but I will have to use lower weight on triceps extension and/or dips.

All Natural

Hi!

@ moster:

I think, if you need 90-120 minutes to complete your sessions, than take that time!

On the other hand if you don't want to train that long, you've got to shorten your rests between the sets.
    For example:
    On 5-max-Days rest 1-1 1/2 Minute between the first 3 sets. After the third pause 2 Minutes, after the fourth set 3-4 Minutes, than get your 5-max-set.
    On volumen days, I won't rest longer than 2 Minutes between the working sets. Also here I would try to keep the rest-time about a minute. If fatigue raises, rest a littel bit longer.

When benches, dips and extensions are way to much exercises (as you mentioned) rotate dips and extensions weekly.
    They should be perfomred on Fridays so that you got enough time for recovery. If you feel that you can't catch that volume, decrease it!

Greetz,
    C.