Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now!

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

Oh it doesnt say on geocities madcows 5x5 it said situps assistance work, i changed it to chinups.

Quick question on the 5x5, I'm in week 5 of PCT would it be ideal to start the 5x5 now and should i see my strength increase with the program even tho I'm still in PCT? I'm eating enough (3500 to 4000calories a day). Just want to see how my test levels/estro levels/cortisol levels might affect my gains.

IM on clomid 50mg/day, sustain alpha, UNLEASHED and aromasin 125mg E3D

Yes you should do it now, you will only start hitting PRs after 4 weeks into the program, by then your PCT will be more than over.

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

Hi Hi. Wondering if anyone has any tips for me... I love this programme, done it a few years ago and had great results. Desperately want to get back into squats and deadlifting this winter. However, I rock climb three times a week at an indoor centre, for about 2-3 hours each time at moderate intensity.

Is doing a Bill Starr-esque programme alongside rock climbing a good idea? Climbing doesn't really hit the muscles that squats/deads/bench primarily hits, but I'm still worried that recovery might be an issue.

Thanks!

Scott.

Can i ask also something? Is it better to put enough weights on the bar to carry the program out own my own strenght or shall i put slight more and have some help from a spotter?

Can i ask also something? Is it better to put enough weights on the bar to carry the program out own my own strenght or shall i put slight more and have some help from a spotter?

Please read madcow's website, if you have to ask a question like this you clearly haven't spent one single minute actually doing some reading for yourself.

hey nology, i went to orchard supply and got chains that weighed .5lbs ill be using those so i can get the exact weights. its called microloading

DJ, im starting today. I know this might seem like a basic question but is 3500 calories enough to bulk me up im 5'9" 185

hey nology, i went to orchard supply and got chains that weighed .5lbs ill be using those so i can get the exact weights. its called microloading

DJ, im starting today. I know this might seem like a basic question but is 3500 calories enough to bulk me up im 5'9" 185

Short answer yes, long answer....

It depends on what your daily activity is like. Do a search on this forum, there are many threads regarding caloric intake and how to determine how many calories you need to cut/ gain weight based on your weekly activities.

Short answer yes, long answer....

It depends on what your daily activity is like. Do a search on this forum, there are many threads regarding caloric intake and how to determine how many calories you need to cut/ gain weight based on your weekly activities.

But I need you to search that for me! Thats why I asked :heart:

hahahaha jk i know bro just wanted a quick answer I saw that you were online and just posted in this thread. I know its enough to grow based on calories and my activity level but some people say under 4000 calories is a waste and less than 2g per lb of BW is pointless lol

But I need you to search that for me! Thats why I asked :heart:

hahahaha jk i know bro just wanted a quick answer I saw that you were online and just posted in this thread. I know its enough to grow based on calories and my activity level but some people say under 4000 calories is a waste and less than 2g per lb of BW is pointless lol

Some people say the smith machine is a good piece of equipment and squatting past parallel is bad for the knees... some people are simply wrong. Doy our own research, find out for yourself. Start a new thread or journal if you like.

hello to all the Bill Starr/Madcow 5x5 devotees
i just completed wk 4 and AWESOME is the best word i can use
i read madcows site about 3or4 times followed his advice to the letter and i cruised through wk4 like it was wk2 my strength has come on in leaps and bounds looking forward to setting new records for a good few weeks hopefully
im doing the beginner/linear program and ill be riding this horse for as long as it runs
applauds to Madcow for his time and effort fbw`outs 3xweek beat the shit out of 1 bodypart 1x week LONG LIVE MADCOW:supercool

It was hard to believe that guy named MadCow KNOWS a secret of weightlifting without gear. Ok, he not invent it, but he really nice spell it all out for us. I blow years of my life with nonsense programs and I actually manage to lose my strength. After so many years, progress AT LAST. Thanks to Madcow and his excel file that keep me from going insane with too much volume and intensity. Big THANKS for that.

Now, little question for all you more experienced. I am currently in intermmediate madcow program. My friday workout is over 1 hour long even if I superset assistance exercises. I am little worried about it, because as I get stronger and stronger it will go to 1,5 hours and that seems too long from what I read before. Specially if I go to advanced program and when I look wensday and it look to me that is 2 hour workout it it is definitely too long. If I stick to madcow recomended 2-4 min pause between series.

Another thing I would like you guys to comment. It seems silly, please do not laugh. On intermediate program, on friday there is bench, dips and triceps extension. It just seems too much volume on triceps and I feel that I cannot go really heavy on it. What do you say about it? I can go on, but I will have to use lower weight on triceps extension and/or dips.

Top Bottom