Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now!

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

Ok then just take the week off and don't any exercise at all, not even cardio, Dj's is right cardio is hindering your gains completely, why are you doing it anyway?

I didn't want to turn into a fat slob that had trouble breathing... :verygood:

To be honest, I think its more work than cardio... anyways I'm dropping cardio completely and going to move the program to suite my work schedule. As I said before, I only ever had one complete days rest between the medium and heavy days because of work, so hopefully this time it should go better.

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

I didn't want to turn into a fat slob that had trouble breathing... :verygood:

To be honest, I think its more work than cardio... anyways I'm dropping cardio completely and going to move the program to suite my work schedule. As I said before, I only ever had one complete days rest between the medium and heavy days because of work, so hopefully this time it should go better.

Haha some people do get sloppy with their BF :supercool

I'm sure you will get it together after those small changes.

Good luck.

Guys, one question may sound stupid. When you mention the weight you pull/push is the weight of the bar inluded?

Anyone who sleeps 14hours will feel like crap, if i get past 9 hours of sleep I feel like a complete retarded and slow for most part of the day.

Just saying that you shouldn't judge your body/training on this particular experience.

I slept for 21 hours once and felt fine :D :evil:

hello guys im new to forum and my english is not so good. I have done 5x5 program before but diffrent one and some basic training before. I really want understand these program Bill Starr's so i can start tomorrow. I will show results once i am finished, i will be taking BSN true-mass thru the program and universal storm my creatine and flawless 3kcalorie diet. Ok so when Bill Starr program say you have to ramp weights so first week monday u go with ur 5 rep max but u ramp squats "like 135, 185, 225, 275, and then 315 all for 5 reps" so i ramp weights on every exercise in the program? except for assistance exercises? Thank you.

hello guys im new to forum and my english is not so good. I have done 5x5 program before but diffrent one and some basic training before. I really want understand these program Bill Starr's so i can start tomorrow. I will show results once i am finished, i will be taking BSN true-mass thru the program and universal storm my creatine and flawless 3kcalorie diet. Ok so when Bill Starr program say you have to ramp weights so first week monday u go with ur 5 rep max but u ramp squats "like 135, 185, 225, 275, and then 315 all for 5 reps" so i ramp weights on every exercise in the program? except for assistance exercises? Thank you.

Yeah you ramp everything exept assistance. Use this website to help you, just enter what weights you use for each lift at the top and enter the amount of reps you managed to get.

5x5 Calculator

I am having some trouble with pendlay rows... I find that small changes in the form lead to massive changes in the amount of weight that I can use. As a result, it is hard to guarentee that I am progressing properly.

What I mean is that, if I move my lower back just a little, what was difficult is now easy. And it is hard to keep my form the exact same each workout.

Should the bar come up and physically touch my body, or just get close? Depending on the form I use, it often feels almost impossible to pull through that last inch without moving my back up.

One more thing... I can bend the full 90 degrees and arch my back, but it requires significant bending at the knee joint. Is this right?

Top Bottom