Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now!

Czar87 said:
Thanks for the replay bw and mac2, but what you think if i finish my 4th week with leg press or should i do low volume squatting or what ? Then for the 5th week ill take a whole week off and after that i'll start deloading
Once you cut the workload, for example by dropping squat in favour of leg press then it's over since you'll stop loading. In your position, which I've been in, unable to squat, just accept that the program has ended and go heal.

Regarding terminology, a deload is the period when you allow your fatigue to dissipate from a period of loading resulting in over-reaching. It only takes a week or so and then you start to feel fresh again. It's not to be confused with the Intensity phase which is an option on the second part of the program where you push for strong triples.

If you take a full week off then you'll lose some conditioning and would be better served by starting again at week one. You might want to ease yourself back into things by running the Single Factor version for a couple of months.

Arghh god damnit, got it what i was looking for ... went to train today and now seems that i hurt the same knee from other place
That freakin smith is machine from hell i tell ya ... anyway i figured out that i have a another gym in my city, not so fancy but atleast that have a squat rack

I'll gonna do dfht upper body workout now until i can get back to 5x5 ... should i leave lower body out or aplly some things, what you think what should i do for lower body ?

Tough i have another question for pull ups. I can only to close grip pull-dows for now because i lack strenght for wide grip pull ups... are close grip as good as wide grip or should i do pull down instead ?

For 5x5 ... the 4 weeks i did were cool, i packed some muscle and cant wait to get back in

Sucks about the knee. Some people have no issues with the Smith (although it is far less effective) but for others it can be a body wrecker. Heal up and start very slow on the regular squat, full range of motion, go down below parallel to the limit of your flexability without compromising form. Build slow and with higher reps to save your knee and get your body in shape for the new movement as you heal up and come back.

Pullups are pullups. Anything bodyweight is better than a pulldown but even so - this is just not a big piece of the puzzle so if you want to do pulldowns (only because you lack the strength) that's fine.

DZLS said:
starting my 5x5 tomorrow...

stoked...!!!

i'm feeling fat though from all this food... :(
There's a standard rule with horses: feed them for the work they've done not the work they're going to do. I think it applies to weightlifters too.

Troy: front squats are a standard sub. Personally, I find it to place extra stress on my lower back right before the deadlifts kill it.

B.W. - thanks bro, that does make sense. I got the get strength front squat system and i wanna try it out but i dont wanna stray off the program to try it so i figured i'd wait for wednesday to roll around.

I went to a doctor yesterday and it seems that i have overtrain syndrom with my ligaments.
My elbows, knees and shoulders are all weaks and lil bit painful and this with only 3 weeks of volume.

I did dual factor, i have now 3 weeks off and then low volume again... but how and with wath i should start my next cycle so i wont overtrain them again ?

yeah it was because 5x5, it was too much because i werent familiar with lifts and this kind of volume

but what can you do, if you dont want to learn from others mistakes you learn by own =)

Top Bottom