Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bill pearl 20 month program

mrshock

Hey guys,

In an old mag piece it said something about how this program could be the ultimate guide to be able to compete as an amateur in bodybuilding? 20 months should be enough time to develop some bad ass overall muscle right? thanks.

20 months is roughly 4 months. If your diet and training is on point, you should be able to put on a solid 4-6 pounds of muscle mass in that time.

Based on your question it sounds like you are new to working out.

Here is a really good video for you to watch where I explain how to workout as a beginner, intermediate and advanced lifter -> http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...inner-intermediate-advanced-lifter-47320.html

I see a lot of new lifters following a 5 day split workout routine. That will work but in my opinion, you can make muscle and strength gains much faster by doing full body workouts 3 days per week. Being new to lifting, you don't need a huge amount of volume to stimulate a muscle to grow. By doing full body workouts 3 days per week, you are stimulating a muscle to grow 3 times per week verse just once per week in a split routine.

I would do a workout like this MWF -
Squat 5 x 5
Deadlift 5 x 5
Bench Press 5 x 5
Wide grip Pull up 5 X 5
Bent over Barbell row 5 x 5
Overhead Barbell shoulder press 5 x 5

the best program is one you can stick with and being consistent

there are ways to workout wrong.. hell go to any gym and guys spin their wheels cause they are not lifting correctly.. using poor form, using gloves, straps, etc. lots of ways to do it wrong.

20 months is roughly 4 months. If your diet and training is on point, you should be able to put on a solid 4-6 pounds of muscle mass in that time.

Based on your question it sounds like you are new to working out.

Here is a really good video for you to watch where I explain how to workout as a beginner, intermediate and advanced lifter -> http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...inner-intermediate-advanced-lifter-47320.html

I see a lot of new lifters following a 5 day split workout routine. That will work but in my opinion, you can make muscle and strength gains much faster by doing full body workouts 3 days per week. Being new to lifting, you don't need a huge amount of volume to stimulate a muscle to grow. By doing full body workouts 3 days per week, you are stimulating a muscle to grow 3 times per week verse just once per week in a split routine.

I would do a workout like this MWF -
Squat 5 x 5
Deadlift 5 x 5
Bench Press 5 x 5
Wide grip Pull up 5 X 5
Bent over Barbell row 5 x 5
Overhead Barbell shoulder press 5 x 5

Im sorry to be that guy, but 20 months is more than 1 and a half years, haha

Any program followed for that long will produce results if diet and training are consistent. This is where most people fail. They do not stick to it everyday. This is why you see guys in the gym all the time that look like they never make progress.

Top Bottom