Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Biking vs running as your cardio of choice

elevenfit

Hi everyone and thanks for answering my post, I need to lose about 30 lbs before start lifting, I want to lean up first, and I wonder between running about an hour everyday and biking for two hours a day what would be more effective to loose weight, in the place where I live most of the roads are uphill and down hill and that would make biking more intense, my diet has been clean for the last two weeks and I already see a slight change when I put my clothes on.

both are great. I can guarantee you though that running is the superior choice for cardio. if you are serious about what you are saying 1 hour of long slow distance running per day will burn a ton of fat for you. just make sure you don't eat shit to offset that. a lot of fat people spin their wheels because they don't eat right so all the cardio they are doing is for nothing

bicycling is great too though, i would bicycle if you are in bad shape to start or if you have leg injuries that running aggravates.

Both are great options. The purpose of cardio is to burn calories. It really doesnt matter if you want to use the treadmill, bike, step mill, rower etc. It's all different forms of cardio to achieve the same goal.

If you are over weight, running might not be the best option because it'll put a lot of stress on your knees.

I would stick with the bike. I find long bike rides really enjoyable and you can get a water bottle holder for the bike so you can go on long rides and stay hydrated

Running will burn more calories than biking but it is much harder on the knees and joints.

Why do you need to lose the weight before lifting? Lifting at a high intensity with low rest periods can actually be much more effective at losing weight than cardio alone!

Personally I hate running. Especially if you are a heavy guy, running is killing your joints.

You need specific floor/ground to run, as well as your footwear must be on point. Running with shoes which are not designed for it could lead to a lot of joint and spine issues.

Top Bottom