Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bigger arms

Jesus Fuvk!

How old are you guys?

I'm all for friendly shit talking, but you guys are being dicks to forum noobs needing help. All you fuckers were new here once. Maybe I should have flamed you off the forums. Maybe you guys would be collecting stamps right now instead of slinging slag iron.

This shit isn't gonna fly. I'll will ban all you fuckers if you can't tighten up. What happened to this forum?

If you really dont want to do pullups(dunno why), then concentrate on back movements. I found my arms grew more once i stopped focusing on them directly. If your back grows, theres no way your arms wont get stronger with it. Deadlifts, Rows..Anything where u pull. Stop tryin to focus on lifting the heaviest possible. I'd concentrate on the 'perfect rep'.. which would be a controlled motion with perfect form, and YOU'RE SQUEEZING LIKE HOLY HELL THE ENTIRE TIME. I found when i lessened the weight and concentrated on this, my arms started to grow.

Good luck.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with the above statement. Maybe focusing on perfect form and squeezing the muscle will help fatigue the muscle and allow for more bloodflow and even improve mass in the already advanced lifter. I've found however, that ball busting loads are better for beginning development. Right now, there doesn't seem as if there is much of a muscle to squeeze...

I have also found squeezing and contractions very useful in getting the most out of a workout and targetting a specific muscle group.

Although I achieved it not by lightening the load and doing pump reps, but by working on improving my mind-muscle connection.

I also think the longer you have been lifting the easier this is to do. My mind-muscle connection sucked as a beginner.

lol perhaps you're right lweaver, whatever works for the individual. But i'm an advocate of making sure my form is always on point. It's ok to cheat a bit in the last rep or two, but i see just way too many people just tryin to heave their weights up to the point where they're about to pop a hernia any second. Also, i didnt mean to imply that i'm doing light sets and just pumping em out, but rather, i'm lightening the weight enough so it doesn't throw my form out the window in the later sets. After a couple sets of controlled, perfect reps with constant tension, my biceps are jacked.

I find for me, that my biceps respond better to higher amount of volume creating more fatigue, as opposed to pressing movements. Pretty much any technique to extend the set(supersets, rest-pause, partials at the end of a set, etc). I find my biceps to also respond well to isometric loading, which is basically holding a pause during a movement.

But this is just my personal thoughts and concepts that have worked for me. For sure there will be ppl who disagree with me, and that's no problem. As a beginner though, i didnt focus on arms at all, i think i did 3 sets of preachers curls, once a week and that's it. My arms grew from rowing, deadlifting, pullups, and squats!

There ya go, his legs are already big so I think its time to neglect those and just do upper body.

Bro, even if your legs are big I bet they are weak. Everyone isn't telling you to squat and dead lift for the fun of it. Although it would be fun..

If you squat and dead lift you will become a beast, if you try to ignore your lower body because squatting is hard and so is dead lifting you will forever be a vag.

I squat at 495lbs. And I dead lift 315lbs and calf raise over 400lbs. I work too much on my legs so I'm going to change my priority to upper body but not ignore lower.

Last edited by a moderator:
bro you are keeping yourself from reaching your potential with the attitude "i can't do pullups"

WHY can't you? cause you don't have a gym membership? find a tree with a flat branch. the biggest dude at my gym with the biggest arms of anyone only does pullups for his arms.

also you need to do standing curls with pulley's.

I can do pull ups but not home cause I don't have anything to hang from. I can do like 10-15 pull ups. But I'm trying to find a cheap pullup bar thing for my door. At big 5 stores they like 80 bucks so I'm waiting on something cheap

If you are properly squatting 495...then why is your deadlift at 315 lbs.? That would sort of imply that 495 would staple you due to a lack of back extensor strength if you went below a few inches...

I bought the Golds gym bar for like 20 bucks, it's a real piece of shit but it hasn't broken yet.

I can do pull ups but not home cause I don't have anything to hang from. I can do like 10-15 pull ups. But I'm trying to find a cheap pullup bar thing for my door. At big 5 stores they like 80 bucks so I'm waiting on something cheap

Like i already said on my previous post check riteaide... Heres the same one they sell at wallgreens also and its more stable than the free standing dipbar/pullup bar at big 5

http://m.walgreens.com/mt/www.walgr...upper-body-workout-bar/ID=prod4253865-product

Alot of thirsty horses around here.

if you are gonna take things to another level definately get a gym membership even some place like the Y, they offer scholarships for like 15 bucks a month. its very affordable.

Top Bottom