Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

big stretch mark

jm2495

im 18 and over the past year i developed large stretch mark s in my armpits from weight training, they are about a little more than a half an inch wide and maybe 3 inches long (they look pretty big and are really noticeable), and come out onto the tops of my biceps.

has anyone else gotten stretch marks like that? i have small ones that faded with time but these ones dont seem to fade at all and slowly get longer

anyone know how to possibly prevent them from growing or help them fade?

not much u can do about stretch marks really.
try using a bit of babyoil on the area, allows the skin to expand more. tanning also makes them less noticeable.
but hell, stretch marks mean your growing, nothing wrong with that!!!

jm2495,
I have them in the same area. There's not much you can do except use some oil/lotion like Bodhidogma said. I think they're pretty disgusting, but thats life. I guess this is just insurance to make sure I won't ever become a professional body builder.

Yup. You can't really get rid of them. But you can make them less noticeable. Other options besides what's been suggested already include Vitamin E which you can get in a lotion, and there are some lotions available out there that are supposed to help scarring. One I've seen is called Mederma, something like that.

I have them too, though luckily mine are small, about a healf inch and length and not that thick, they can't beseen unless I hold my arms up or out to the side. There pretty much identical on each side.

Havn't given anythought to making them fade, I figure since they arn't noticable they will I will let them fade naturally w/ time but if that isn't going to happen unless I help it along I guess I better start doing something.

Vitamin E other creams etc, can help them fade. some say Zinc helps. it seems that people either get them or don't . they will fade as you get older, I got my first ones at your age now at 33 they aren't as noticeable.

Cocoa butter and high concd Vitamin E oil help the stretch marks to fade a bit, a note: to the sexual over indulgent: low zinc levels are bad for the skin and testosterone levels.

:devil:
Stretch marks are badges of honor to be displayed with pride like battle scars! I've have some new ones running down my lats. Don't try to hide them, make them bigger!

:biggrin:

yea moisturizing creams seem to help with fading it just takes time. ive also tried retin A on stretch marks in my armpits, and they say it can be irritating, but my god, my stretch marks over night turned orange and were surround by red itchy rashes, and after a few more days began to kind of scab over. this was so irratating i couldnt stand it, it drove me nuts, it was probably worse than poison ivy so i had to stop using retin a. anyone else had that experience with retin a?

Like you, I freaked out when I first started to develop stretch marks. Today they don't bother me all that much anymore, and they are very noticeable. Sad thing is, if they do bother you, there's not much you can do about them. After a while you'll get used to them...

Top Bottom