Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Big, ripped abs...HOW?

Why would ab muscles need 500-1000 reps to build any mass? You need low rep high tension work. Lay on your stomach, toes bent like your going to do a pushup. Stretch arms up over your head, palms down. Tense and with your weight on your hands/feet contract and raise your body off the floor. Chances are you cant come close to doing it with your arms fully outstretched so bend your arms and bring your elbows in and support your weight on forearms. You want to find a position that you can only hold for about 3-5 seconds, do 3-5 reps and 3-5 sets.

Aside from that, drop your BF. Im genetically predisposed to carrying fat on abs chest as well. But low test can also cause that problem.

sorry for posting this on your thread but I always wondered what my body type was.. I'm 6'2" 200lbs yet to gian 40-50 mroe pounds.. over 2 1/2 years i went from 150 to 200 lbs while being lean, since i'm so tall i think im ectomorph, because I can stay lean even if i would go to mcdonalds for every meal, but i can also gain muscle when i want to. so please help..

And again WallCrawler I'm sorry for high jacking your thread.

sorry for posting this on your thread but I always wondered what my body type was.. I'm 6'2" 200lbs yet to gian 40-50 mroe pounds.. over 2 1/2 years i went from 150 to 200 lbs while being lean, since i'm so tall i think im ectomorph, because I can stay lean even if i would go to mcdonalds for every meal, but i can also gain muscle when i want to. so please help..

ectomorph.

To get sizable abs, you need to do heavy resistance. You will get big abs from heavy squats, deads, etc. Also your genetics determine the shape, etc.

Agree...but...

You aren't going to have a heavy squat or deadlift without strong abs...built from doing ab exercises...

It is like a circle...hard to know what comes first :)

No peoblem, bro! The more the merrier!
I guess I was wrong about my body type but thanks for all the info everyone! Great responses!

Update on my own progress (I'm putting it in this thread, since the one I started is a couple months old). History: Been doing super-high reps on abs every day for years, and had a well-defined sixpack but very small bricks. About 2 months ago, I changed over to 4 days/week weighted abs (10-12 reps x 3-4 sets hyperextension crunches with 100-lb hex, 8-10 reps 3 sets vertical bench crunches with 35-45 lb hex, and 160-lb weighted knee raises (hassle to set up, so only done those a couple times). Results: SIGNIFICANT increase in brick size, and still flat! I was worried I'd get a "muscle belly", but as others assured me here, I haven't. I'll get & post pics when I'm ready.

I haven't decided how much weight to work up to, and haven't decided what size abs to go for in relation to the rest of the body. I want good proportion, so I will have to fine-tune.

Another thing I noticed is that I've gained a couple pounds, and lost an inch of waist. That's a surprise, as I was prepared to increase the waist with ab size.

Charles

Top Bottom