Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Big and Cut?????????

LeanTeen

Hey I'm a 16 year old newbie, decently cut but not very big. Is there a way I can alternate definition work outs with high reps with mass workouts with low reps? I'm talking about like 2 weeks on one and 2 weeks on the other or something? Also dietwise, considering I am a vegetarian can you help? I'm about 160 and 6 foot looking to get near about 180. I have about 12 percent bf and looking to get somewhere around maybe 7 or 8. Help is encouraged. Any advice post it here or email me at [email protected]

I'm not usually nasty, but you summed it up nicely when you said you are dumb. hahaha...just teasing.

High reps are not for definition. Bodyfat determines definition.

Gaining muscle and not fat is hard but not impossible.

You'd be better off just eating loads and providing conditions for good quality muscle growth and getting bigger faster, and then just dieting to get rid of the extra unwanted bodyfat.

How often can I alternate bulking up and cutting down? Can I do 2 weeks of one and then the other? Should I do a month of one and then the other? Obvisouly I should start with bulking up and then cut down. Any suggestions?

Actually, what you just described is similar to the ABCDE diet.

You bulk until you're satisified with the size you are. It's personal preference.

Forums are good, but there is too much wrong info going around.

I suggest you buy a book on nutrition for bodybuilders.

Originally posted by Robboe:

Forums are good, but there is too much wrong info going around.

So true. Actually, there are a number of resources online that I have somewhere. (I need to check my internet bookmarks), and those are usually a good place to start. Forums can be useful for finding out what people know based on personal experience, but a lot of people just tend to repeat things they've seen other say. I'll see if I can make a good list of informative sites for you.

Thank you so much, both of you. Based on personal experience from both of you, how have you gone about things? How have you transitioned gaining mass and definition?

At the height of 6 foot and weight of 160, here's what you should do: Eats lots of protein, squat, drink at least half a gallon of milk per day, and keep trying to move up in weight on all your lifts every workout. After two months of doing this, you will be very surprised. If you have just started, you can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

My guess was following a good program and eating 4000+ calories per day will leave you at a much more muscular 180 after 2 months. And the great part, the absolutely great part, is that you will be leaner too.

Pretty cool, huh.

1. choose a routine. Lift about 3 days per week. stick with it.

2. eat 4000+ calories per day. drink that half gallon of milk (shoot for a gallon if you really want to pack it on)

3. get at least 8 hours of sleep per night. A 5 or 6 hour night every now and then isn't going to kill you. Just don't make a habit of it.

You'll be able to make the best gains of your life right now while you're beginning. So please, find a program and stick with it.

If you're looking for programs and lots of good basic weight training info check out davedraper.com

Top Bottom