Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A BIG chest without BIG weights

Mikel fikel

A friend of mine is having serious probs with his shoulder and can't add a lot of weight to the bar when benching, he can dip his own body weight but when he adds weight the shoulder gets sore for a couple of days.

Is it possible to grow a big chest with out a HEAVY bench press or db press?

If yes, what kind of training style would he use?

He can bench around 50% of his max without pain.

Cheers

Have him increase his shoulder strength training for about 6 weeks. Slow reps, as much weight as he can handle. hi reps, light weight alternating weeks. It could just be a lagging muscle/tendon group.

Shoulder soreness

I have the same problem but not that acute,at least not just yet. It started when I did bench flies for the first time, coming down I think I overstretched the right arm, and for the last three weeks it sort it's still there. It kind of subsides when I rest, but when I go for the bench presses, the pain comes back again although not as sharp as the first time. I've been advise to rest from every movement that mimics the stretch and to reduce weight. And it's helping...plus I'm taking a week break because of traveling, so I hope that'll heal it.
The Corsaire
Boarding party.....away!:)

A lot of people get shoulder pain form lifting heavy with incorrect form. Rest your shoulder for a week then try benching this way if you don't already;

Thumbless grip, arched lower back with upper body resting on shoulder blades - powerlifting style - lift your head slightly off the bench as well and benchpress to your high upper abs below your nipples, ensuring to press with chest and not shoulders and triceps. Start light to get the form right and then see how you go. Another tip is to get the bar lifted out of the rack for you so your not stressing your shoulder while its in a greater than perpindicular position.

Most people get shoulder injuries from benching too high on the chest to try and thicken upper chest - this only results in injury and has no effect on stimulating different sections of the chest. Lower the bar to your upper abs and bench pain free.

Later
Mic

i had a similar problem, i didn't work my shoulders for 2 weeks at one point and started bencing and well it fuking hurt, so i had to lower my bench weight while i worked my shoulders.

~WizKid :kaioken:

Top Bottom