Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Andalite

Elite Bodybuilder
Hi everyone!!

I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and the best of luck for all your goals.

A new year means a new journal so welcome to Big Boy Basics!!!

Goals are as they have always been: to stay injury free and get stronger and hopefully lose some of the chub ;)

For all newcomers, 4 weeks of training = 1 Mesocycle.

Today marks the start of Mesocycle 17. I don't do routines - I train. I follow templates. Here's the template for now:

THURSDAY: DEADLIFT TRAINING
  1. Deadlifts
  2. Front Squats
  3. Core Training

FRIDAY: BACK TRAINING
  1. Heavy Rows - either dumbbell, barbell, chest supported or machine done 3-5 sets of 1-5 reps depending on the exercise
  2. Pull-ups - all weighted for as many sets and reps as I like. mostly I aim for 25-50 total reps all done with some added weight.
  3. Medium Rows - either high or low cable rows or unilateral cable rows for 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps
  4. Facepulls or Shrugs
  5. Core Training

SUNDAY: SQUAT TRAINING
  1. Overhead Squats
  2. Front Squats
  3. Back Squats
  4. Grip Training
  5. Core Training

MONDAY: PRESS TRAINING
  1. Pistol Squats
  2. Press Variant - either military or bench variants within for heavy work
  3. Pull-ups - light for example; 3x8 or so
  4. Supplementary Press
  5. Core Training

I suffer from a slew of shoulder and lower back injures so staying injury free is my #1 goal.

For those interested, my "stats" at the moment are:

I weigh 195 lbs @ 5'7
Pistol Squats: 13 reps per leg
Back Squats: 365 lbs
Front Squats: 295 lbs
Overhead Squats: 185 lbs
Military Press: 185 lbs
Deadlifts: 475 lbs
Bench Press: 225 lbs

A very Happy New Year to everyone once again and I will check in later with a journal update hopefully.

Oh, and for those concerned, here's my youtube channel: YouTube - anuj247's Channel

Cheers!

yes man!! good shit- looks like a nice plan

any ideas for losing some of the chub as far as cardio goes?

Last edited:
Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 1

Beginning Thoughts:

Once again: A very Happy New Year to one and all!! :)

Workout:

Deadlifts:
(415 lbs x 1 rep x 5 minisets) x 2 cluster sets
435 lbs x 2 reps
The goal was to do 2 cluster sets of 5 minisets - each one being a single rep. Last week I had messed up on this but I finally got the hang of it. I thoroughly detest cluster sets. They totally put me off my groove. I did the final set with 435 lbs for sheer giggles.

Front Squats:
185 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets
205 lbs x 3 reps
I have been struggling with Front Squats for quite a while now. I have zero technique with these. Just 3 weeks ago I hit 295 lbs for the 4th or 5th time over the span of two months and it was through sheer brute strength. Thats a no-no for me. I would like to perfect and hone in my technique. So, I have gone back to the drawing board and the first change I have made is switching my grip from a rather unstable cross grip to a clean/weightlifters/olympic grip. I am sure with this more stable grip and working on my form from the ground up I will be surpass 295 lbs over the next few months.

Hanging Air Kicks:
BW x 10 reps x 3 sets

Cable Wood Chops:
15 kgs x 12 reps
20 kgs x 12 reps
20 kgs x 12 reps

Videos:

Deadlifts & Front Squats:
IronScene | Powerlifting Videos

Overall Impression:

This was a better workout than last week. It takes some getting used to these weird octagonal shaped plates...I need to work on my grip more. I am going to be trying a new fun exercise for grip training this coming Monday..

Have a great day today everyone and thank you for reading! :)

One suggestion: I really think you should do at least some cardio. Not for losing fat, or anything like that but just for overall heart health. The cardiovascular system is really more important for health than the muscular system, and should work it at least twice a week. You don't have to listen, but for overall health some sort of cardio is really important for a strong heart.

One suggestion: I really think you should do at least some cardio. Not for losing fat, or anything like that but just for overall heart health. The cardiovascular system is really more important for health than the muscular system, and should work it at least twice a week. You don't have to listen, but for overall health some sort of cardio is really important for a strong heart.
Hmm...I agree with you. Cardio is good. I just don't schedule it into my training. I like to run like once a week but I don't structure it into my workout. I just do it when I can and when I do run I jog or sprint (depending on how I feel)...I don't do Cardio on any cardio machine if thats what you mean.

You're the first person I've actually seen use cluster sets. Also the clean grip will come to you if it's not already lol. I know that if you are still a tad bit unflexible, you can hold the bar with 2 or 3 fingers rather than all 4 on your shoulders until you get used to it. Great workout!

This is exactly the stuff I love to see!

I feel tingly all over.

For god's sake, there is even grip training in there! I love it!

B-

Hmm...I agree with you. Cardio is good. I just don't schedule it into my training. I like to run like once a week but I don't structure it into my workout. I just do it when I can and when I do run I jog or sprint (depending on how I feel)...I don't do Cardio on any cardio machine if thats what you mean.

No reason to touch a machine. Real running is where it's at:D

You're the first person I've actually seen use cluster sets. Also the clean grip will come to you if it's not already lol. I know that if you are still a tad bit unflexible, you can hold the bar with 2 or 3 fingers rather than all 4 on your shoulders until you get used to it. Great workout!

I hate cluster sets on Deadlifts and Front Squats but they're awesome for upper body work :)

The clean grip is something I will get used to and doing Front Squats 2x a work right now (since I am working my form from the ground up) will help me ease into it. I am more than just a "tad" bit inflexible though :p I will get better over the next couple of weeks. Right now I am able to only use 2 fingers but I want to be able to use 4 with time...I dunno it it even makes any difference, but I think 4 would be awesome! :D

This is exactly the stuff I love to see!

I feel tingly all over.

For god's sake, there is even grip training in there! I love it!

B-

Hahahha. I am flattered :) Thank you for dropping by and I hope to see you post here often :)

No reason to touch a machine. Real running is where it's at:D

Well, in that case, we're in agreement :)

Top Bottom