Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
I want to destroy them all :D

Hahaha...I'm also kinda in the middle. I'm an Atheist so a lot of religion related issues aren't ones I side with religion on but I am at the same time very fiscally conservative and free-market oriented. Like I said: it just depends on the issue.

I am also very spiritual (as in I believe in energy and a pattern of the way life works) just not religious and since I come from parents who have different backgrounds (my father is Greek Orthodox and I have been baptized and my mother is Hindu) and they themselves aren't religious, it's hard for me to grasp moral values through religion. I just look at some things being right and some things being wrong. God doesn't factor into these things for me. Nor does the afterlife. I only care about this life which I can control and make the best of.

I'm very happy to hear of you doing well with Tammy, Future. It sounds great and I think having a baby would be awesome :) Wish her luck on the BA in Business. I'm getting a BSc in Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance. Which school is she attending?

I don't do these 5RM calculators. All that I care about is what happens at the time. In the sense, take my Deadlift for example. My 5RM is probably 425 or so but my 1RM is 475 when it should technically be much more. Same goes with Bench Press: I can do 3x5 with 205 but I can BARELY hit 245 for a single. At the same time, I can squat 315 for 2 or 3 reps at the most but I can squat 365 for a single any damn day of the week lol...So I don't rely on these calculators.

You're right: my current max on bench is 225 (as in it's something I can hit any day of the week) but I hit 245 like a year ago lol...and I haven't benched for 9 months of the last year haha...

Congrats on having such good OHSquats, dude. I am really glad you find the exercise rewarding. I hope you go deep and have great mobility in your hips and ankles. If you play this right you will have a strong ass core my friend! :)

145x5 is really good actually. Try doing 3x3 with 145. That would be a good progression. You took your 5RM and did 3x3=9 reps with that. I am sure once you hit 145x3x3 you can hit in the 160-170 range much more easily. One of the biggest problems with Oh Squats is getting the bar up and then being stable when you squat. I know when I hit the 170+ mark I probably swing around a bit because the bar is so high up lol...

Congrats once again on that OH squat. Really solid, dude.

Thanks for the compliments, but I was talking about OH press, not overhead squats:( I do like overhead squats I just haven't had a ton of time to fit them in my routine, cause I'm already squatting and running 3 days a week. You have motivated me to do 1x5x145 on overhead squats now though:D

Thanks for the compliments, but I was talking about OH press, not overhead squats:( I do like overhead squats I just haven't had a ton of time to fit them in my routine, cause I'm already squatting and running 3 days a week. You have motivated me to do 1x5x145 on overhead squats now though:D

Hahaha...sorry for the misunderstanding.

My 5RM on OHP's is 165. I can 155x8 and I believe the last time I tried to set a 5RM on this I used 165. One of my favorite ways of ramping up for Military Presses is like this using the age old linear periodization model. 6 sets x 3 reps. I start with 145 lbs and add 5 lbs per week. I believe I managed to nail 175x3x6 in this manner just before I hit some solid PRs of 185x1x3 or something of the sort....

Hahaha...sorry for the misunderstanding.

My 5RM on OHP's is 165. I can 155x8 and I believe the last time I tried to set a 5RM on this I used 165. One of my favorite ways of ramping up for Military Presses is like this using the age old linear periodization model. 6 sets x 3 reps. I start with 145 lbs and add 5 lbs per week. I believe I managed to nail 175x3x6 in this manner just before I hit some solid PRs of 185x1x3 or something of the sort....

Just curious, but I thought your pr was 185x1 for military press? Yet you say here you got 185x3? Damn that means I got a ways to catch up to you:(:)

Just curious, but I thought your pr was 185x1 for military press? Yet you say here you got 185x3? Damn that means I got a ways to catch up to you:(:)
No, I said I did 185x1x3 which is 3 sets of 1 rep each. It's still 1 rep as my max because I haven't attempted more than 185 and that 185 was a major bitch to put up in the first place.

Ive been doing push press and my shoulders are getting stronger now. Im able to push press 245 for reps but only do military BTN 185 for reps

Ive been doing push press and my shoulders are getting stronger now. Im able to push press 245 for reps but only do military BTN 185 for reps
Thats cool. I don't like anything BTN....I am also pretty uncomfortable with Push Presses for some reason. I like simple overhead press much better :p

Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 4

Beginning Thoughts:

This is last night's workout..My diet has been pretty decent: mainly protein and veggies and other carbs but I think I'm not getting enough fat. I also feel a bit tired throughout the day which is weird for me...Maybe I need to up my calories a bit for a couple of days to get back on track.​

Workout:

Deadlifts:
425 lbs x 5 reps
This was a backoff session so I kept the intensity just didn't make it too hard on myself. In this cold weather my hands develop quite a bit of dry skin and my damn calluses get ripped off which ends up making my hands hurt whenever I grip the bar. 135 lbs is just as painful for my hands as 425 and I hate having a compromised grip!

Front Squats:
225 lbs x 3 reps
245 lbs x 2 reps
275 lbs x 1 rep
I just wanted to work towards a relative max. I'm glad I got 275. 275 using the clean grip feels a LOT more comfortable than 275 using that silly cross grip.

Weird Ab Exercise:
BW x 7 reps x 3 sets

Videos:

Deadlifts, Front Squats & Core Training:
YouTube - M17 W4 Deadlift Training.wmv

Overall Impression:

I hope everyone has had a great week. I'm looking forward to the weekend! Cheers and thanks for reading as always! :)

Back Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 4

Beginning Thoughts:

This is yesterday's workout...​

Workout:

Dumbbell Rows:
110 lbs x 6 reps x 3 sets
120 lbs x 4 reps x 2 sets
I love this exercise!

Pull-ups:
BW + 20 lbs x 2 + 2 reps
BW + 20 lbs x 3 + 3 reps
BW + 30 lbs x 2 + 2 reps
BW + 40 lbs x 2 reps
Total = 16 reps

Cable Rows:
160 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets

Facepulls:
80 lbs x 12 reps x 2 sets

Inverted Rows:
BW x 8 reps x 2 sets

Swiss Ball Jackknife Pikes:
BW x 8 reps x 3 sets

Forearm / Bicep Exercises:
Did some random 3-4 sets of arm work here...Reverse curls, hammer curls, wrist curls, etc...Nothing solid just picked a weight, did it to failure and jumped to the next exercise..

Videos:

Dumbbell Rows, Pull-ups, Cable Rows & Swiss Ball Jackknife Pikes:
YouTube - M17 W4 Back Training.wmv

Overall Impression:

I'm gonna rest tonight and just heal up. Tomorrow is Squat Day.

I hope everyone had a fun Friday night! :)

Squat Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 4

Beginning Thoughts:

Just got back from the gym...​

Workout:

Overhead Squats:
135 lbs x 3 reps x 2 sets
155 lbs x 2 reps
Next Mesocycle I am gonna spend more time working on technique. I am gonna try to hit 185 soon.

Front Squats:
225 lbs x 3 reps x 6 sets
Ok so here is the plan with these for now. I have never tried much volume on front squats and I am still working on technique. Today's workout went to shit because my shoulders and biceps were hurting for some reason. So It was hard to concentrate on my form. But, I got all 6 sets. Next week I will add 5 lbs to the bar and week after another 5 lbs and so on and so forth. I figure that around the 250-260 lbs mark this linear progression will fail. When that happens I will do something similar to what I did for Deadlifts with the modified Poliquin 1-6 Principle. It will help consolidate my strength gains before I aim to nail 315.

Back Squats:
Skipped. This is a sort of low volume deload type workout so I didn't want to push it.

Farmers Walks:
105 lbs x 2 trips x 3 sets
Decent...

Pallof Press:
47.5 lbs x 12 reps x 2 sets
52.5 lbs x 12 reps

Videos:

Overhead Squats, Front Squats and Farmer Walks:
YouTube - M17 W4 Squat Training.wmv

Overall Impression:

Decent workout. I have my Press workout tomorrow...​

Top Bottom