Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
Squat Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 3

Beginning Thoughts:

I am in Dallas right now for the MLK weekend and I went to LA Fitness to workout like normal. I've been eating like a 150 lb'er so I did not have as much energy as normal. On another note: I weighed myself this morning at 195.5 lbs which is about 5 lbs less than last month. So I am pretty pleased with myself. I want to drop to 180-185 though.​

Workout:

Overhead Squats:
135 lbs x 3 reps
145 lbs x 3 reps
155 lbs x 2 reps
I need to practice more with this. Next week I am going to do more work in this same weight range.

Front Squats:
205 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets
225 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets
Damn my wrists hurt like a bitch after these!!!

Back Squats:
315 lbs x 1 rep x 3 sets
I wasn't going to do these but I figured I'd try. My form on the first rep sucked but I was able to keep my chest up for sets 2 and 3.

Farmers Walks:
125 lbs x 1 trip x 3 sets
This was super difficult. My grip has been lagging pretty bad. It's been 4 weeks since I've done any grip training but I am gonna work on this from now on out.

Plate Pinches:
25 lbs x 30 seconds x 2 sets

Pallof Press:
42.5 lbs x 12 reps
47.5 lbs x 12 reps
50.0 lbs x 12 reps

Videos:

Overhead Squats, Front Squats and Back Squats:
IronScene | Powerlifting Videos

Overall Impression:

This workout was better than the last disaster of a Deadlift workout mainly because I felt better. I think my diet has to be improved greatly if I want to continue progressing and that is what I am going to do.​

back squat form looked good to me bro! Btw mad props on the OH Squats- those are hard as fuck

out of curiosity, do you know your current PRs for your lifts?

back squat form looked good to me bro! Btw mad props on the OH Squats- those are hard as fuck

out of curiosity, do you know your current PRs for your lifts?

Thanks, dude. Which lifts would you like to know of? And for your information, a PR to me is:
1.) Weight used
2.) volume
3.) Density (as in how much rest I've taken between sets and reps)
4.) Quality of reps

So, if any one of these parameters changes for the better, I count it as a PR. Therefore, what is a PR for you and which lift would you like to know of?

quality of reps should always be foo, so if its not then you should drop the weight. Unless you are talking very minor changes in quality. Fuck i cant eve OH squat a broomstick

quality of reps should always be foo, so if its not then you should drop the weight. Unless you are talking very minor changes in quality. Fuck i cant eve OH squat a broomstick
Yeah for me progress is not just through lifting heavier weights - which is why I never really list "PRs" in my journal. I believe in a variety of factors which lead to progress and I count them all into my training.

Btw...I thought you OH Squatted 115 just a few days ago?

Yeah for me progress is not just through lifting heavier weights - which is why I never really list "PRs" in my journal. I believe in a variety of factors which lead to progress and I count them all into my training.

Btw...I thought you OH Squatted 115 just a few days ago?

Well all those reasons are actually good because it is a PR, not just the weight moved. Props

I did 95lbs but my friend was putting his hand on my back so I could go on my heels and not fall down lol. They are brutal

Thanks, dude.

I'm a Finance major at Trinity University. I graduate this May :) Terrible time to be job-hunting lol..

How are things going for you?
Wow. Well who knows this could be a total blessing for you as well. One of the visionaries to help the community?

You might find this interesting

I am great. Going back to grad school for my masters in ministry. Lots of life changes the last couple of years.

Wow. Well who knows this could be a total blessing for you as well. One of the visionaries to help the community?

You might find this interesting

I am great. Going back to grad school for my masters in ministry. Lots of life changes the last couple of years.

Hey..I had no idea someone right wing like you could like Bill Maher!!!! hahaha...I love his show and I've seen the video just recently (what a coincidence!).

I definitely think the financial system globally has to evolve but I am sure you don't want me to dwell on my political and ethical beliefs....I could go on blabbering for a long time and just like everyone who's older than me, I'm at the age when I think I know best however, I am aware that opinions change over time due to life experiences and I am awaiting those experiences.

With specifics to finance, I am not really looking towards corporate finance - my interest lies in banking finance. I love investing and I keep these virtual portfolios (since I am not a US citizen it's not possible for me to invest in actual companies on a student visa and even if I were legally allowed to I don't have that kind of worthy capital to dump on the stock market) which have been doing very well over the last year. I think if I had ANY money I would have invested a LOT of it in March 09. I've had to study Warren Buffet's investment behavior in one of my classes last semester and I think his system on intrinsic value of a company is crucial. I've had to do all these fancy stock reports and the like but I personally like to think of investing as a very logical process. To me it:
1.) What does the company produce? If it's tangible and can be measured, then good. If it's all technology and software shit and is basically intangible, then I'm averse to it because companies right now in that sector - Google especially, are VERY inflated in terms of stock price. So investing there at this point in time is not worth it however, if Google's price falls to the 300s or low low 400s I would definitely invest in that and Microsoft - not Apple because Google's new phone is going to destroy the iPhone over the next 2 years.
2.) Is it a company which can survive through time? If it produces basic materials for example then we know it is linked to other crucial infrastructure businesses which should evolve. In that case, can this business also survive?
3.) Has been a historically good company for it's existing investors and what is it's relation to the rest of the industry.

Thats it. These are my criteria for investing and I believe in investing for the long haul. I look 10-20 even 50 years down the line. I am 21 right now and if I could invest in ANY company which had the promise of evolving and growing over time, then I know it will reward me in MASSIVE amounts when I turn 60+ and want to retire or if I am in need of money. So, longevity plays a big role as well.

In short:
1.) Company product
2.) Ability to adapt
3.) Market dominance
4.) Impact of management's decisions in the past
are my major factors.

Each investor has his own set of parameters and no one is perfectly right now so far over the last 2 years, these have paid off for me.

On another note: congrats on going back to grad school, dude. I didn't figure you to be religious but I hope you have a very successful time there. How are you and Tammy doing? I haven't seen you post much about her. Any more competitions coming along?

Top Bottom