Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
sorry... i have almost made it a habit to jack andalite's threads at this point but what are some good wrist stretches?

Take the hand your are stretching by the opposite hand and simply pull the fingers back towards your body, hold for 15 seconds.

Firstly, before I even begin to respond: y'all need to stop apologizing for posting in my journal...Nobody's highjacking anything and I welcome your input and discussions. So post away on anything and everything! :)

dude i am fucking loving the front squats... i get insanely deep with a weight that feels heavy, and my back doesn't even get close to rounding- feel it a lot more than back squats. thanks for turning me onto them bro and good work as always!!

how do you think front squat compares to back squat? I've heard it hits your quads harder and i know that it's harder to have bad form, but what about for putting on mass? Typically, one can use so much more weight on back squat. Last thing- for clean grip, is it normal for your wrists to hurt after and will they get used to it?

I'm glad to hear you like them. I hope your form is good and you're using good technique. Work on the stretching for the grip. TBlock mentioned the stretches in his post:

Take the hand your are stretching by the opposite hand and simply pull the fingers back towards your body, hold for 15 seconds.

I cant wait to try front squats in 2 days. i think overall back squats allow you to use more weight so its better that way, but front squats have their place too. Mass comes from food not training, basically. For the most part.

And the wrists hurting is OK. You need to start stretching them (like I do), they will hurt at first. Also your triceps might be tight so stretch those too

I dunno how to word the pros and cons of back squats and front squats because they both have those...

All these conversations about Front Squats and Back Squats can be found here...It's an article which basically deconstructs boht the lifts:

Front Squats versus Back Squats

Have fun reading the article and the thread linked within it.

Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 2

Beginning Thoughts:

This is last night's workout...I pretty much sat on my ass all day so I was very lethargic when I hit the gym lol...​

Workout:

Deadlifts:
(415 lbs x 2 reps x 3 minisets) x 2 cluster sets
455 lbs x 1 rep
I really wanted to hit 4 doubles but all I could muster up was 3. Next week I am going to increase rest period from 25 seconds to 30-45 seconds and really try for get 4 doubles with 415 per cluster set.

Front Squats:
185 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets
205 lbs x 3 reps
I used three fingers this time and I added 2 reps to each of the 185 sets...

Lat Pulldown Crunches:
40 kgs x 10 reps x 3 sets

Overhead Plate Sidebends:
25 lbs x 8 reps x 3 sets

Dumbbell Windmills:
12 kgs x 8 reps x 3 sets

Videos:

Deadlifts & Front Squats:
IronScene | Powerlifting Videos

Overall Impression:

Tiring workout. I am getting better at cluster sets. I am not used to rep work but I think I'll improve over the next few weeks. I aim to get 4 doubles next week and then I'm gonna increase the weight and go back to singles hopefully with 435. My overall aim is to hit 435 for doubles in a cluster set but it may be a while before I can manage that.

I hope everyone's having a good weekend! Thanks for reading, as always! :)

Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 2

Beginning Thoughts:
This is last night's workout...I pretty much sat on my ass all day so I was very lethargic when I hit the gym lol...​
Workout:
Deadlifts:
(415 lbs x 2 reps x 3 minisets) x 2 cluster sets
455 lbs x 1 rep
I really wanted to hit 4 doubles but all I could muster up was 3. Next week I am going to increase rest period from 25 seconds to 30-45 seconds and really try for get 4 doubles with 415 per cluster set.

Front Squats:
185 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets
205 lbs x 3 reps
I used three fingers this time and I added 2 reps to each of the 185 sets...

Lat Pulldown Crunches:
40 kgs x 10 reps x 3 sets

Overhead Plate Sidebends:
25 lbs x 8 reps x 3 sets

Dumbbell Windmills:
12 kgs x 8 reps x 3 sets
Videos:
Deadlifts & Front Squats:
IronScene | Powerlifting Videos
Overall Impression:
Tiring workout. I am getting better at cluster sets. I am not used to rep work but I think I'll improve over the next few weeks. I aim to get 4 doubles next week and then I'm gonna increase the weight and go back to singles hopefully with 435. My overall aim is to hit 435 for doubles in a cluster set but it may be a while before I can manage that.

I hope everyone's having a good weekend! Thanks for reading, as always! :)

Hey andalite don't know if you have said this before but what are your current goals? I know you are always trying to get stronger but do you have any goals ie fat loss or more muscle gain, or gaining a .5 inch on your arms? BTW, your form was looking solid on those front squats!!!!

Hey andalite don't know if you have said this before but what are your current goals? I know you are always trying to get stronger but do you have any goals ie fat loss or more muscle gain, or gaining a .5 inch on your arms? BTW, your form was looking solid on those front squats!!!!
Hmm...my current goals apart from strength? Aesthetically, I am in the process of a very slow body recomposition. Other than that, I would like to have bigger calves and forearms. I have 15" arms and 13" forearms. I want 15+" forearms :D As for calves....I have a 34" waist with almost 27" thighs but only 15" calves... I think thats all I'd like :)

Top Bottom