Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
You aren't highjacking my thread at all. We can continue discussing this for as long as you like but I really believe in the fact that you did hit decent depth. Let me watch the video again..

ok I saw the video and here's the screenshot of you at you the end of the rep #1 I think:

Picture2.png

You weren't A2G by any means, but it still passes in my books:

Picture2-1.jpg

Like I said: work on hip mobility. I wouldn't be all bent up because I personally don't favor the back squat that much and to me you did hit decent depth. Now, if you were to hit the same depth with Front Squats it would be no good because it would put you at a mechanically disadvantageous position. Front Squats and OH Squats require you to have very mobile hips - which is why I've been repeating hip mobility drills again and again and again and again...So my opinion: back squats were decent. You hit depth and you hit 365x3 which is awesome. You should perhaps consolidate your strength around the 335-345 mark (if you don't know what strength consolidation is, let me know) before you progress onwards. But, in any case, you should do hip mobility drills and work on front squats. If you're able to Front Squats 365 lbs then you're a true stud :D

Press Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 1

Beginning Thoughts:

Was in a bit of a hurry today but the overall volume would have been low to begin with because I need to set a base mark from which to progress.​

Workout:

Pistol Squats:
BW x 4 reps x 2 sets
Felt pretty comfortable.

Overhead Press:
155 lbs x 3 reps
175 lbs x 1 rep x 2 sets
I will build on this come next week. I am not sure where I am going to keep rotating a variant of the press on a week to week basis but I might do some crazy bell incline close grip bench presses (wow..what a mouthful!) next week.

Pull-ups:
BW x 10 reps
BW x 8 reps
BW x 8+1 reps
Total = 27 reps
The goal here is to increase overall volume on this exercise as the weeks progress. On this day no weighted pull-ups are done because I need to keep my form in check, etc...

Unilateral Lat Pulldowns:
35 kgs x 6 reps x 2 sets
40 kgs x 5 reps

Decline Dumbbell Punches:
14 kgs x 8 reps x 3 sets

Videos:

Pistol Squats, Overhead Press, Pull-ups, Unilateral Lat Pulldowns & Decline Dumbbell Punches:
IronScene | Powerlifting Videos

Overall Impression:

The next 2 days are rest days...I plan on losing the bloat and relaxing! I hope everyone's having a swell week! :)

Sweet! Im doing front squats instead now. i can tell I have horrible hip mobility and felxibility. I am going to be working on a lot of that this year.

Now should I do strength consolidation (dont know what that is) with back squats, or just go right into front squats?

Sweet! Im doing front squats instead now. i can tell I have horrible hip mobility and felxibility. I am going to be working on a lot of that this year.

Now should I do strength consolidation (dont know what that is) with back squats, or just go right into front squats?
I just made this post and was about to hit post when my computer crashed!!! Gay...

Ok, so here's the gist of what I said:

1.) Read this for Strength Consolidation: Strength Consolidation: An Example

2.) Next, read this on how to do singles: The Singles Scene

A special note for the first article: don't be confused by Day One, Day Two, Day Three, etc. It means that if you squats once a week, then Day One would imply Week 1 Squat Day, Day Two would imply Week 2 Squat Day, Day Three would imply Week 3 Squat Day, etc....

3.) I think you should not remove back squats by any means. However I urge you to ADD Front Squats to your training.

4.) Work on hip mobility. You're gonna need it.

5.) What does your training look like right now?

Cheers!

I just made this post and was about to hit post when my computer crashed!!! Gay...

Ok, so here's the gist of what I said:

1.) Read this for Strength Consolidation: Strength Consolidation: An Example

2.) Next, read this on how to do singles: The Singles Scene

A special note for the first article: don't be confused by Day One, Day Two, Day Three, etc. It means that if you squats once a week, then Day One would imply Week 1 Squat Day, Day Two would imply Week 2 Squat Day, Day Three would imply Week 3 Squat Day, etc....

3.) I think you should not remove back squats by any means. However I urge you to ADD Front Squats to your training.

4.) Work on hip mobility. You're gonna need it.

5.) What does your training look like right now?

Cheers!

Cool articles. Thanks for those

I wont get rid of back squats Ill add front squats to my routine. Ive already found about 8 hip mobility dynamic exercises haha, and my training routine is pretty simple. chest/back/shoulders/legs/arms. Ill throw in calves 2-3x a week, not a lot of abs i already have a strong core.

dude i am fucking loving the front squats... i get insanely deep with a weight that feels heavy, and my back doesn't even get close to rounding- feel it a lot more than back squats. thanks for turning me onto them bro and good work as always!!

how do you think front squat compares to back squat? I've heard it hits your quads harder and i know that it's harder to have bad form, but what about for putting on mass? Typically, one can use so much more weight on back squat. Last thing- for clean grip, is it normal for your wrists to hurt after and will they get used to it?

dude i am fucking loving the front squats... i get insanely deep with a weight that feels heavy, and my back doesn't even get close to rounding- feel it a lot more than back squats. thanks for turning me onto them bro and good work as always!!

how do you think front squat compares to back squat? I've heard it hits your quads harder and i know that it's harder to have bad form, but what about for putting on mass? Typically, one can use so much more weight on back squat. Last thing- for clean grip, is it normal for your wrists to hurt after and will they get used to it?

I cant wait to try front squats in 2 days. i think overall back squats allow you to use more weight so its better that way, but front squats have their place too. Mass comes from food not training, basically. For the most part.

And the wrists hurting is OK. You need to start stretching them (like I do), they will hurt at first. Also your triceps might be tight so stretch those too

sorry... i have almost made it a habit to jack andalite's threads at this point but what are some good wrist stretches?

Top Bottom