Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
Are front squats supposed to be like that? Ive never seen them but i just got ripped for doing back squats and my knees came a little over my toes, but it seems like the start of your movement is like that as well. They look good tho

Great work on those overhead squats:D

love watching the OH Squats- barely ever see anyone else do them!!!

don't get me wrong i think your back squats are good and your form is also better on them than your last video, but it's very possible probably likely that your back squats could be weaker than you hope for because you do prioritize OH Squats and Front Squats

I know my back squats take a back seat when I prioritize OH Squats and Front Squats....and thats totally fine with me. My issue isn't the weight I'm heaving...I just hit 365 a week ago after all. My issue is with my comfort level with this exercise. I am returning to back squats after almost a whole year of never doing them...so it will take some time before I get my groove back. Till then I have to be a bit conservative with the weight.

Great to have you! :)

Are front squats supposed to be like that? Ive never seen them but i just got ripped for doing back squats and my knees came a little over my toes, but it seems like the start of your movement is like that as well. They look good tho

Yeah Front Squats are supposed to be like that...How else would they be? And why do knees over toes even matter lol...Thats the last of my problems...And its a myth to care. It's all about the hips. If I get my hip motion right, everything will be synchronized. And right now my hips aren't quite adjusted to this movement. With a couple more sessions I should be better of. I have increased my frequency with this movement just to account for that.

Oh got it, I was told that back squats you should never have your knees over your toes or else the pressure is going off your heels and onto the balls of your feet.

Would front squats be better exercise for football?

Oh got it, I was told that back squats you should never have your knees over your toes or else the pressure is going off your heels and onto the balls of your feet.

Would front squats be better exercise for football?
I have never heard such a thing about back squats and I think it would largely depend on your form. If you have a medium stance and you spread your knees out, then it you would most definitely have your toes being crossed by your knees. If you use a wide stance then that would be very hard to do. If you mimic a powerlifting squat where you try to "sit back" with a medium stance your knees will not cross your toes by much - if they do which I think they probably won't. If you try to squat "down" like an olympic lifter or a regular weightlifter (no need to label anything here because that causes a huge commotion) you will not be able to use a very wide stand and it will be hard for your knees not to cross your toes. If you squat to a box then again it would depend on the width of your stance. Confusing, right? Thats why I said the knees over toes thing is BS and it really depends on the lifter and his preference.

Front Squats are better than back squats because they:
(a) Hit your core a lot harder
(b) Require technique
(c) Have a better carry over onto your other lifts
(d) Are better for athletes

:)

I have never heard such a thing about back squats and I think it would largely depend on your form. If you have a medium stance and you spread your knees out, then it you would most definitely have your toes being crossed by your knees. If you use a wide stance then that would be very hard to do. If you mimic a powerlifting squat where you try to "sit back" with a medium stance your knees will not cross your toes by much - if they do which I think they probably won't. If you try to squat "down" like an olympic lifter or a regular weightlifter (no need to label anything here because that causes a huge commotion) you will not be able to use a very wide stand and it will be hard for your knees not to cross your toes. If you squat to a box then again it would depend on the width of your stance. Confusing, right? Thats why I said the knees over toes thing is BS and it really depends on the lifter and his preference.

Front Squats are better than back squats because they:
(a) Hit your core a lot harder
(b) Require technique
(c) Have a better carry over onto your other lifts
(d) Are better for athletes

:)

Did you ever see my video? check it out. Not meaning to hijack the thread, im subscribed for sure :)

Also I think I will do front squats if they are better for athletes, thats what Im all about this year. So back squats basically put on more mass and makes you able to move more weight thats about it? I already back squat 2x my bw for my 1rm...

heres that video

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...365x3-squats-please-critique-form-681747.html

Did you ever see my video? check it out. Not meaning to hijack the thread, im subscribed for sure :)

Also I think I will do front squats if they are better for athletes, thats what Im all about this year. So back squats basically put on more mass and makes you able to move more weight thats about it? I already back squat 2x my bw for my 1rm...

heres that video

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...365x3-squats-please-critique-form-681747.html
I'll check out the video ASAP.

There is no such thing as a mass building exercise lol...Nothing exists in a vacuum. It's just that according to popular theory back squats are king. But coaches like Eric Cressey, Mike Robertson and even the guys over on EliteFTS are changing their views. Back Squats are a competition exercise. If you aren't competing and just training for all round strength, why ignore front squats? You don't have to do one or the other....Everything has a positive and I think all of us would want the good from each and every exercise we can get our hands and feet on. So I'd suggest you do both.

I saw the video...I dunno why people are making such a big deal about your form. It looked fine to me. You were focusing on sitting back which I wouldn't do because I'm not training to compete in a suit. If I were you the only change I'd make is trying to squat "down" and not "sit back". Other than that you looked good. 365 is a heavy weight...what the fuck do people think your form is going to look like? As easy as 135? LOL...You were fine. I'd work on hip mobility drills and the like because I think everyone should work on that but otherwise you're doing fine. You went very deep so kudos on that - hardly anybody goes deep but more importantly: you were able to do it with somewhat decent hip mobility (you have to still work on it a bit) and you maintained your form on that last rep which was brutal. So definitely thumbs up on that video.

I saw the video...I dunno why people are making such a big deal about your form. It looked fine to me. You were focusing on sitting back which I wouldn't do because I'm not training to compete in a suit. If I were you the only change I'd make is trying to squat "down" and not "sit back". Other than that you looked good. 365 is a heavy weight...what the fuck do people think your form is going to look like? As easy as 135? LOL...You were fine. I'd work on hip mobility drills and the like because I think everyone should work on that but otherwise you're doing fine. You went very deep so kudos on that - hardly anybody goes deep but more importantly: you were able to do it with somewhat decent hip mobility (you have to still work on it a bit) and you maintained your form on that last rep which was brutal. So definitely thumbs up on that video.

I agree his form was fine but he didn't go that deep. He went deep enough but nowhere near atg.

I'll check out the video ASAP.

There is no such thing as a mass building exercise lol...Nothing exists in a vacuum. It's just that according to popular theory back squats are king. But coaches like Eric Cressey, Mike Robertson and even the guys over on EliteFTS are changing their views. Back Squats are a competition exercise. If you aren't competing and just training for all round strength, why ignore front squats? You don't have to do one or the other....Everything has a positive and I think all of us would want the good from each and every exercise we can get our hands and feet on. So I'd suggest you do both.

Yea true, im an athlete not a bodybuilder. Thanks for the insight

Thanks man! Ive always been taught to sit back but then again it was a PL who told me that. lol. Ya some people also said it wasnt deep enough but when theres that much weight theres not much you can do..I do all my other sets ATG. I dont wanna hijack your thread so thx for looking at it and the advice. Ill be checkin ur log out

Top Bottom