Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

big body skinny arms

/faber/

I have been working out for while ,my back , chest and legs are developing just fine, but my arms are still very skinny, it's starting to look funny to the point I've thought of stop working out, is there something I can do to make them even? or do you think it's a genes problem?

Lagging arms are a problem most people face.

I find that most people with poor bicep
development are simply using way too much weight and are 'swinging' the exercises rather then contracting with the bicep muscle. Keep your elbows tucked into your body. Your elbows should remain locked throughout the entire movement. If you elbows are swinging, your front deltoids are doing the movement and not your biceps.

Similar to biceps, most people are using momentum when training triceps and not effectively isolating the muscle. Your elbows should not be moving when doing tricep exercises. They should remain locked and be a hinge. If your elbows are moving, you are pressing the weight and your chest/shoulders are pressing the weight, not your triceps.

I recommend super setting arms. My arms always grew best when I super setted bicep and tricep exercises and got a really wicked pump each workout.

I would train triceps after chest and biceps after back and then throw in another whole arm day so you are training arms twice per week.

Try incorporating pullups into your routine and also doing some very strict isolation movements. Remember that triceps are the biggest muscle in your arms so focus on them and not just biceps. Too many guys worry about curls for big arms.

dumbbell pullovers hit my triceps in a way that no other exercise can. Once I incorporated these in to my training my arms noticeably grew, lean mass

I've had that problem. Like someone else said...triceps are the biggest muscles in the arms and the best workout for them is weighted dips imo. If your chest is strong you shouldn't have an issue with that movement and I would incorporate it into both your arm and chest day if you do them separate. Narrow the grip a bit to work the tris more and move up in weight.

Top Bottom